Thread: Streamer debate: C389 Vs M10 v2 for Sierra LX. (Opinions welcome!)

Default Streamer debate: C389 Vs M10 v2 for Sierra LX. (Opinions welcome!)

Hi all, we are buying a new home and I am putting in a 2 way music only system in our small to medium sized living room (11x14 ish) I am finally ready to splurge on a pair of Sierra LX speakers and am searching for the perfect one stop shopping streamer. So.. My question is, would the M10 v2 be sufficient power at 100w, or would there be a real need for the more juice in a c389?

I have been looking at the Arcam Sa30 as well, but it seems cumbersome to stream Qobuz directly to it.

Anyway, I would love opinions from those who have experience with the LX. And if there is an integrated out there that beats out what I have mentioned; I'm all ears.

Default Re: Streamer debate: C389 Vs M10 v2 for Sierra LX. (Opinions welcome!)

Not an integrated, and I'm a novice, but I'm streaming from a Wiim pro plus to a ten-year old $500 Pioneer avr for two-channel music and it's brilliant. This is just me, but I don't think a person has to spend much on electronics. Except as it relates to room EQ, I suppose, and I'm still figuring that out. Sorry, I don't have LXs, but ELX, but I think the idea is the same.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by macsmith777 View Post
    Hi all, we are buying a new home and I am putting in a 2 way music only system in our small to medium sized living room (11x14 ish) I am finally ready to splurge on a pair of Sierra LX speakers and am searching for the perfect one stop shopping streamer. So.. My question is, would the M10 v2 be sufficient power at 100w, or would there be a real need for the more juice in a c389?

I have been looking at the Arcam Sa30 as well, but it seems cumbersome to stream Qobuz directly to it.

Anyway, I would love opinions from those who have experience with the LX. And if there is an integrated out there that beats out what I have mentioned; I'm all ears.
    In your size room, 100 watts is PLENTY of power for the LX!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks David! Of course as we approach closing on this house, I am now looking at the Wiim streamer/amp which has 60W of power into 8ohms. It can be used as a streamer/DAC if you want to boost power in the future, so I may go that route. From what I can see, 60w will do the trick, at least for the time being as I don't generally want super high volume. I'm spending most of my kitty on the speakers, figuring I can upgrade source and power over time.

Unless you think this is not really feasible, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by macsmith777 View Post
    Thanks David! Of course as we approach closing on this house, I am now looking at the Wiim streamer/amp which has 60W of power into 8ohms. It can be used as a streamer/DAC if you want to boost power in the future, so I may go that route. From what I can see, 60w will do the trick, at least for the time being as I don't generally want super high volume. I'm spending most of my kitty on the speakers, figuring I can upgrade source and power over time.

Unless you think this is not really feasible, of course.
    100% agree, in your size room, 60 watts will be plenty!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com