Thread: I'm happy with these ceiling or wall speaker mount, adjustible for HTM-200SE ATMOS

Default I'm happy with these ceiling or wall speaker mount, adjustible for HTM-200SE ATMOS

Full new theater is not all cleaned up yet, but thought I'd share the ceiling mounts I used for (4x) HTM-200SE ATMOS mounts. I initially intended to mount these speakers in ceiling and even have speaker boxes installed for that purpose, but ultimately decided (and got spousal approval for) mounting them on ceiling so I could point them at the MLP.

They are the typical "available under several brands you've never heard of" made in east Asia item, but the quality seems appropriate for the price. They are cast metal parts instead of the typical plastic or combination of metal and plastic on lightweight mounts.

Search term is "Howonder HD-15 universal speaker wall mounts". About $30 per pair.

Caveats and notes, including safety notes:
    1) They are designed for concrete / brick wall mounting - so the included hardware is only appropriate for that.
    2) They are not infinitely adjustable - there are detents / ribs molded into the cast arms about every 5 degrees of rotation. So they are kind of a pain to get positioned exactly how you want. I had to fuss with side to side level for a few minutes on each speaker to get it good enough to my satisfaction. If you are a total perfectionist these are not the mount for you.
    3) I ended up using a long reach allen socket to make the final position screw adjustments once I had the speaker attached - this gave me good access and allowed for applying some extra torque, though I was careful to not over torque them. The included allen key would work fine if you have an extra person to help but I did this solo.
    4) Requires screwing in a bracket to the speakers, then sliding the mount under the bracket. I also added another set of screws (SPAX) to help with vibrations and extra support over time. I still need to sharpie the head of the SPAX screws black.
    5) I suggest a separate safety cable in case the speaker mount pulls out of the ceiling - I have not yet added this so it's not shown. This is a general recommendation for any ceiling mounted speaker where the bracket is under a bending moment and the safety cable would be under a straight withdrawal load.
    6) Only use if you can screw these into a wood backer or with toggle bolts. I have 3/4" plywood behind the drywall in my install and used black #10 x 1.5" construction screws (Simpson Strong Tie SD10112DBB) which have published withdrawal performance.

Pics are of an old stock HTM-200SE, but the attachment to the current design is the same (only difference I noticed is where the 1/4-20 mounting holes are in the speaker - but I will only use those for the previously mentioned safety cable).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: I'm happy with these ceiling or wall speaker mount, adjustible for HTM-200SE ATMO

Nicely done.

Do you have a link to the brackets you used? Perhaps one day I'll move mine from on-wall to on-ceiling. Do have plywood behind the dry wall & hopefully speaker cable in the attic is long enough for relocation - would hate to pull new wire or splice on an extension.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Default Re: I'm happy with these ceiling or wall speaker mount, adjustible for HTM-200SE ATMO

Sure. These links are not stable over time, but this is where I got them:

https://www.amazon.com/Howonder-Univ.../dp/B09WDKDQ6S

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEntropy View Post
    Full new theater is not all cleaned up yet, but thought I'd share the ceiling mounts I used for (4x) HTM-200SE ATMOS mounts. I initially intended to mount these speakers in ceiling and even have speaker boxes installed for that purpose, but ultimately decided (and got spousal approval for) mounting them on ceiling so I could point them at the MLP.

They are the typical "available under several brands you've never heard of" made in east Asia item, but the quality seems appropriate for the price. They are cast metal parts instead of the typical plastic or combination of metal and plastic on lightweight mounts.

Search term is "Howonder HD-15 universal speaker wall mounts". About $30 per pair.

Caveats and notes, including safety notes:
    1) They are designed for concrete / brick wall mounting - so the included hardware is only appropriate for that.
    2) They are not infinitely adjustable - there are detents / ribs molded into the cast arms about every 5 degrees of rotation. So they are kind of a pain to get positioned exactly how you want. I had to fuss with side to side level for a few minutes on each speaker to get it good enough to my satisfaction. If you are a total perfectionist these are not the mount for you.
    3) I ended up using a long reach allen socket to make the final position screw adjustments once I had the speaker attached - this gave me good access and allowed for applying some extra torque, though I was careful to not over torque them. The included allen key would work fine if you have an extra person to help but I did this solo.
    4) Requires screwing in a bracket to the speakers, then sliding the mount under the bracket. I also added another set of screws (SPAX) to help with vibrations and extra support over time. I still need to sharpie the head of the SPAX screws black.
    5) I suggest a separate safety cable in case the speaker mount pulls out of the ceiling - I have not yet added this so it's not shown. This is a general recommendation for any ceiling mounted speaker where the bracket is under a bending moment and the safety cable would be under a straight withdrawal load.
    6) Only use if you can screw these into a wood backer or with toggle bolts. I have 3/4" plywood behind the drywall in my install and used black #10 x 1.5" construction screws (Simpson Strong Tie SD10112DBB) which have published withdrawal performance.

Pics are of an old stock HTM-200SE, but the attachment to the current design is the same (only difference I noticed is where the 1/4-20 mounting holes are in the speaker - but I will only use those for the previously mentioned safety cable).
    Nice work!! Looks fantastic!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEntropy View Post
    Sure. These links are not stable over time, but this is where I got them:

https://www.amazon.com/Howonder-Univ.../dp/B09WDKDQ6S
    thanks!
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD