Thread: CMT-340SE2 upgrade for me?

Default CMT-340SE2 upgrade for me?

I have JBL 570 main speakers and 530 surrounds. I'm wondering if the CMT-340ES2 mini towers would be an upgrade from what I have and if so how much? I love how efficient they are. I am pretty sure they would be an upgrade in sound quality all around but how much is the question. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: CMT-340SE2 upgrade for me?

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    I have JBL 570 main speakers and 530 surrounds. I'm wondering if the CMT-340ES2 mini towers would be an upgrade from what I have and if so how much? I love how efficient they are. I am pretty sure they would be an upgrade in sound quality all around but how much is the question. Thanks for any help.
    This is really one of those questions where only you can make that determination. The JBL's do have noticeably deeper bass extension, while the 340SE2 have noticeably higher efficiency. If you are using a subwoofer, I would say definitely give the 340SE2 a try, I am quite sure you will find them more detailed and spacious sounding - but the 340SE2 will definitely need a subwoofer so please keep that in mind.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: CMT-340SE2 upgrade for me?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    This is really one of those questions where only you can make that determination. The JBL's do have noticeably deeper bass extension, while the 340SE2 have noticeably higher efficiency. If you are using a subwoofer, I would say definitely give the 340SE2 a try, I am quite sure you will find them more detailed and spacious sounding - but the 340SE2 will definitely need a subwoofer so please keep that in mind.
    Oh thank you very much. I have an awesome sub, a sub that I am blown away by every single day, the RSL 12S. I am actually astounded by how deep it digs and shakes the room. So I'm good there on bass.
    Detailed and spacious is exactly what I like! That sounds absolutely beautiful, music to my ears. I definitely want to give these babies a run very soon. Thank you again for the reply, appreciate very much.