Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many choices need a little help

Default Re: So many choices need a little help

I think it's important to point out that if Sierra-LX were to be sold though a retailer, the absolute minimum price they would sell for would be ~ $2400 for the pair. There is a reason you don't see any retailers selling our products, and many have tried, it just never works out. This is because unlike many other internet-direct speaker manufacturers, our retail prices really are wholesale.

Consumers should never compare different speaker models based on pricing. I'd confidently put our LX up against any bookshelf speaker at any price.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I originally thought the CMT-340SE2 would be the way to go. But now I think the LX is the speaker to beat. It sounds like these are the way to go for someone who like to game, movies and music.

100% agree!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Has anyone tried a Schiit Vidar2 with the LX? I wonder if there is enough headroom to push the LX since it is around 87db.

100 wpc should be fine at your distance (12 feet) with the LX. By the linked calculator, you'd achieve peaks of around 100 dB, which is very loud.

http://www.hometheaterengineering.co...alculator.html

I have a pair of LXs that I did put in my main system for a week or so. My amp is only 100 wpc, I sit about 9' from the speakers, and it was fine, even at louder levels. In an open floor plan and speakers were a few feet from back wall and about 2 feet from side wall. LXs now in my office (main speakers are ELX RAAL Towers).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by des47 View Post
    Has anyone tried a Schiit Vidar2 with the LX? I wonder if there is enough headroom to push the LX since it is around 87db.
    More than enough headroom, you would likely never even use 1/2 the amount of available power.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

So just placed an order for the Sierra 1v2. Iツ知 very excited. This is my first higher end speaker and Iツ知 looking forward to it.

So just placed an order for the Sierra 1v2. Iツ’m very excited. This is my first higher end speaker and Iツ’m looking forward to it.
    I think you'll love them. Don't be surprised if you don't feel 'blown away' at first. Accurate speakers will likely grow on you over time. Things will just sound 'right'. Or maybe you will be blown away. I like to find my best recordings of female singers to test out new speakers. And well recorded cymbals and acoustic guitars are a good test as well.
    Nate

Thank you Nate. I知 going to do just that as well as movies. I was going to get the LX but I already have subs and we rarely play anything at reference level. I read these were similar through the midrange but not as much bass .

Thank you Nate. I知 going to do just that as well as movies. I was going to get the LX but I already have subs and we rarely play anything at reference level. I read these were similar through the midrange but not as much bass .
    That's exactly why I went with the 340SE2. Especially with it's sensitivity.