Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many choices need a little help

Default So many choices need a little help

Hello everyone.
    I'm in need of a little help. How much of a difference is there between the CMT340 version 2 and the Sierra line for home theater? I’m looking to upgrade from the Emotiva TZero. The CMTs look intriguing. I know the Sierra line are more sophisticated but I am looking for clarity, soundstage and detail. This is mostly for movies but also some music and gaming. The Sierra LX also looks promising but I’m not quite sure which way to go. Also I do have subs but they will also get upgraded. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by des47; 12-06-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: So many choices need a little help

Quote Originally Posted by des47 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'm in need of a little help. How much of a difference is there between the CMT340 version 2 and the Sierra line for home theater? I’m looking to upgrade from the Emotiva TZero. The CMTs look intriguing. I know the Sierra line are more sophisticated but I am looking for clarity, soundstage and detail. This is mostly for movies but also some music and gaming. The Sierra LX also looks promising but I’m not quite sure which way to go. Also I do have subs but they will also get upgraded. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Hi des47 and welcome to our community.

A few quick questions for you if you don't mind.

1. How far back will you be sitting from the left/right speakers?

2. What amp or receiver will you be using?

3. Do you also listen to music on this system?

Thanks in advance!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you for responding. This system will be for music, gaming and movies. We will be approximately 12 feet from the left and right speakers. Currently have a Denon 3700 but I am considering adding an a Hypex or Pascal amp from either VTV or Buckeye. We watch a lot of tv and movies. But when we listen to music itÂ’s usually Classical or metal. My wife loves PFunk and Soul. I know we are opposites.

Thank you for responding. This system will be for music, gaming and movies. We will be approximately 12 feet from the left and right speakers. Currently have a Denon 3700 but I am considering adding an a Hypex or Pascal amp from either VTV or Buckeye. We watch a lot of tv and movies. But when we listen to music itÂ’s usually Classical or metal. My wife loves PFunk and Soul. I know we are opposites.
    Hi des47,

My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

I am thinking either our Sierra-LX or our CMT-340SE2 would be perfect for you. If you want extreme volumes, go with 340SE2. if a more refined, dynamic and spacious sound - our LX is the better choice.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I went through similar things in my thread here: https://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sh...mpromised-room

I ended up going with the LX for the front three channels and I'm beyond satisfied. I haven't heard the 340s, but the LX are amazing.

Thank you for the suggestions. At this point it is down to the Paradigm Premier 700f or the Sierra LX. I am partial to towers. I'm not sure how the LXs compare to the 700fs but I like the description that they sound like tower speakers. Zeeke42 I will read through your thread. Thanks again.

Thank you for the suggestions. At this point it is down to the Paradigm Premier 700f or the Sierra LX. I am partial to towers. I'm not sure how the LXs compare to the 700fs but I like the description that they sound like tower speakers. Zeeke42 I will read through your thread. Thanks again.
    Paradigm Monitor series was my first real speaker system. I enjoyed them for many years, but in my opinion, you'd have to move up a line or two to get a comparable system.
    Nate

It is very surprising how "big" the LX's sound.
    -curtis

Natetg57 are you saying something higher than the Premier line would be more comparable to the LX?

Natetg57 are you saying something higher than the Premier line would be more comparable to the LX?
    Yes. Paradigm spends money on advertising and their speaker are sold in brick & mortar stores. I think they are a good value but Ascend spends nothing on advertising and there is no middle man, hence a better value for the money.
    Nate