Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Something old is young again, introducing the Sierra-1 V2!!!

Default Re: Something old is young again, introducing the Sierra-1 V2!!!

As far as I can tell, the only difference on my LX center is that the grille extends the full width of the cabinet. I would expect the S1V2 would be the same. I'm sure the page will be updated soon. I'm guessing they're focusing on pairs first as they have in the past.

Likely, although I don't recall if my S2 (V1) center had a full length grill. Looking at the pictures, the EXV2 center does have a full length grill but looks like the cabinet is the same as the left/right.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Centers with a RAAL, the tweeter is rotated 90 degrees compared to the L/R.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by AR2ax man View Post
    This is awesome, seems like keeps hitting home runs!

Dave, I wonder now with the full Sierra line touched with the Klippel, which do you consider the most easy to listen to speaker, ie long listening hours with variety of all music types? Between the LX, EXV2, 1 V2, and even Duo in the mix? Of course they are all easy to listen to But wonder how you would rank in that case.
    This is difficult to answer because it really depends on the music genre and the quality of the recording. Sierra-1 V2 and LX are equivalent to each other with regard to which is easier to listen to. It really comes down to the ribbon vs the titan dome.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Also, will these take the standard S1 Q-Plugs or the new LX Q-Plugs?
    Yes, both Q-Plug sets will work great, the originals or the newer ones.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFox View Post
    Is there any plan release a Sierra-1 V2 Center? If not, what's the recommended center channel for pairing?
    Yes, we will soon release the center version, which is identical to the left/right Sierra-1 V2 but will include a full length grille instead of the 3/4 length.

Best center would be our Horizon, next best center would be either LX center or S1V2 center..
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, we will soon release the center version, which is identical to the left/right Sierra-1 V2 but will include a full length grille instead of the 3/4 length.

Best center would be our Horizon, next best center would be either LX center or S1V2 center..
    And will the center come with the rubber sticky feet, for horizontal placement? Another question, since this is the speaker I've been waiting for. I have a Rythmik F12 sub that I use for Music and HT. I am assuming that since V2 has the same tweeter as the Sierra-LX, I won't really notice any difference between Sierra-1V2 v.s Sierra-1 LX because all of the my lower end is being set to the Rythmik anyway? Is there any advantage for me to buy the LX when I'm using the Rythmik sub?

Quote Originally Posted by mendicitis View Post
    And will the center come with the rubber sticky feet, for horizontal placement?
    Rubber feet, no, - but we will include our isolation pads which serve the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by mendicitis View Post
    Another question, since this is the speaker I've been waiting for. I have a Rythmik F12 sub that I use for Music and HT. I am assuming that since V2 has the same tweeter as the Sierra-LX, I won't really notice any difference between Sierra-1V2 v.s Sierra-1 LX because all of the my lower end is being set to the Rythmik anyway? Is there any advantage for me to buy the LX when I'm using the Rythmik sub?
    They are extremely close in performance aside from bass and midbass, but the LX is still slightly cleaner in the mids due to having lower distortion. In addition, the LX does have more midbass punch. I really can't comment whether or not you would hear these differences though, it takes a critical ear...

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Dave, what's the status (and price) on S1 to S1V2 upgrade kits?
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Haven't worked out all the details just yet, once we get all the components in and start fulfilling orders, I will work it out and post info here.
    I'm guessing there will eventually be a Sierra-1 V2 to LX upgrade kit too?

Quote Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    I'm guessing there will eventually be a Sierra-1 V2 to LX upgrade kit too?
    The already existing LX upgrade kit should work for any sierra speaker including V2, or any other sierra except some super early versions of the sierra-1.