Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Isolator / Feet Recommendations - for Hard Wood Flooring

Default Re: Speaker Isolator / Feet Recommendations - for Hard Wood Flooring

Screenshot_20231113_194441_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Contemplating alternative isolation feet for my sub. I've come across these....just waiting for what method ( from supplier) they'll attach to underside of my sub. As it stands now...it's on factory rubber feet on carpeted floor. This is more for aesthetic thou 49mm height will provide noticeable clearance, look good and hopefully eliminate any wave travel through the carpet on a suspended floor...media room is above garage...I can definitely hear thumping playing music there and mulling about in garage.

Many of the suggestions here started me through this process but don't give my the desired clearance.

Amazon link for curiosity sakes.

https://a.co/d/8BXx6WQ
    Last edited by billy p; 11-13-2023 at 05:18 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Screenshot_20231113_194441_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Contemplating alternative isolation feet for my sub. I've come across these....just waiting for what method ( from supplier) they'll attach to underside of my sub. As it stands now...it's on factory rubber feet on carpeted floor. This is more for aesthetic thou 49mm height will provide noticeable clearance, look good and hopefully eliminate any wave travel through the carpet on a suspended floor...media room is above garage...I can definitely hear thumping playing music there and mulling about in garage.

Many of the suggestions here started me through this process but don't give my the desired clearance.

Amazon link for curiosity sakes.

https://a.co/d/8BXx6WQ
    The only thing I don't like here is the lack of a way to fasten them to the sub....... no screws. The SVS feet come with several different size screws to make an attempt to match the threaded holes underneath the sub. Also, Amazon lists the SVS feet at $80 a set. That's crazy. SVS has them on their website for $49.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    The only thing I don't like here is the lack of a way to fasten them to the sub....... no screws. The SVS feet come with several different size screws to make an attempt to match the threaded holes underneath the sub. Also, Amazon lists the SVS feet at $80 a set. That's crazy. SVS has them on their website for $49.
    Indeed....no hardware was included....I even reached out to seller....the two suggested methods were [a] with screw to underside of speaker or [b] with 3m adhesive disc.
    I looked them over quality is high but I'm not putting adhesive on my sub and there is no work around to used screws.

Price wise that's in Canadian loonies...iirc 49.00 US at the .com site...
    Last edited by billy p; 11-20-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.