Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Isolator / Feet Recommendations - for Hard Wood Flooring

Question Speaker Isolator / Feet Recommendations - for Hard Wood Flooring

I have setup Ascend 340 as my primary music listening speakers and spend a lot of time with them. I noticed considerable improvements after adding sand (in fact clumping cat litter) in the TP-24 stands and mounted them on spikes. I did the adjustments slowly by caliberating after every move.

I had finally settled on my ideal position and the right crossover numbers, I see my home cleaners always move the speakers and invariably the spike gets exposed on the hardwood floors and get cracks all over the place. I'm tired of telling them every time.. They dont seem to get it..

Is there an alternative, I see some stuff from ISO acoustics GAIA II etc.. Is it worth it? Can you guys recommend good alternatives?

Placement.JPGAscend Tower Mains.JPG

Default Re: Speaker Isolator / Feet Recommendations - for Hard Wood Flooring

I use the GAIAs on my Towers and have hardwood floors also. Work really well. I've also used some blue painters to mark the position of the front two feet in case they get moved (by me, as I am the house cleaner).

Others have used alternate footers which are cheaper - posted somewhere in this forum. I don't remember which ones or where (sorry).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

As someone who spent over $5K on a pair of ELX towers...I surprisingly got cold feet buying...isolation feet. Those Gaia feet are super sexy...but since I had already splurged I didn't want to spend another $400 on feet if I didn't know what the ROI was going to be.

So I cheaped out and bought the SVS Soundpath for under $100: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NCSQ5GK

I definitely noticed a difference (full disclosure I have carpet not hardwood) in a positive way. It tightened up the bass a bit, vs. just having the speakers on the plinth on top of carpet. But they definitely look utilitarian.

Knowing what I know now, I'd probably get the Gaia III (the ELX are under 70lbs) for their aesthetics. Not sure if they'll perform better than the SVS Soundpath, but a speaker of the ELX's caliber deserves some nice looking kicks.

That's part of the reason I went with Gaia's - the looks. Plus, they have like a suction cup on the bottom which holds the speakers in place on my wood floor. I installed them on my Towers when the speakers arrived, so can't tell you if they made any audible difference.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by ksr_sundar View Post
    I have setup Ascend 340 as my primary music listening speakers and spend a lot of time with them. I noticed considerable improvements after adding sand (in fact clumping cat litter) in the TP-24 stands and mounted them on spikes. I did the adjustments slowly by caliberating after every move.

I had finally settled on my ideal position and the right crossover numbers, I see my home cleaners always move the speakers and invariably the spike gets exposed on the hardwood floors and get cracks all over the place. I'm tired of telling them every time.. They dont seem to get it..

Is there an alternative, I see some stuff from ISO acoustics GAIA II etc.. Is it worth it? Can you guys recommend good alternatives?

Placement.JPGAscend Tower Mains.JPG
    Great looking setup!

I use these in the TP-24 stands on hardwood floors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O66SWPO/

They work very well!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Great looking setup!

I use these in the TP-24 stands on hardwood floors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O66SWPO/

They work very well!
    Thanks a ton Dave.. These seem to be a great option. I will explore..

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Great looking setup!

They work very well!
    These turned out great! Exactly what I Needed..

Quote Originally Posted by ksr_sundar View Post
    These turned out great! Exactly what I Needed..
    Excellent - I had a hunch you were looking for something like these. I use them all the time
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Neat setup!
    Where are electronics? Speaker wire run thru walls?

I use the SVS Soundpath footers under a Rythmik F12, on carpet over a suspended floor above my garage. Was getting a ton of resonance from the sound travelling through the floor into the walls. The footers made a very noticeable difference and really tightened up the room. I also use a Subdude platform under the 2nd F12, which is along the side wall.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables