Hi All, excited to possibly upgrade my speakers after many years with a set of small Q Acoustic bookshelf. I have a dedicated den/home office that is my listening room.

Room is rather small at about 15'W x 10'D x 9'H. Listening position is about center on the long wall, speakers are about 6-7ft from listening position, 12" from front wall, and about 7-8ft apart on 26" stands. No acoustic treatments, but sounds relatively neutral with a sofa, big area rug and some other various furniture. I likely don't plan to run any DIRAC or MiniDSP correction.

100% 2 channel music, 75% streaming audio, 25% vinyl. Currently using an Audiolab 7000A integrated (70Wx2 @8ohms), no sub or plan for one anytime soon.

I listen to mostly jazz, ambient, electronic (mellow techno kinda vibes) and a bit of punk rock. Not too interested in heavy/deep bass response, but do still appreciate a solid, tight and clean lower end.

I don't listen very loud, def more on the quiet end of listening volume, so prioritize a speaker that can extract as much detail, range and soundstage at lower levels rather than something that can rock out when pushed.

From what I have gathered it seems like the 2EX-V2 might be the best fit for my scenario? I assume both the 2EX or LX likely could work fine relatively close to my front wall, and/or can always try the port bungs.

If its helpful of all the other speakers I have trialed I have like the Sonus faber Lumina II and Dynaudio Evoke 10 best so far in my space. KEF LS50 Meta I thought I would love based on reviews, but something about them just sounded dead and didn't do much for me - maybe they need more power than my Audiolab is offering up.

Have only heard amazing things about Ascend so here I am! I am local So Cal so easy enough to try.

Thanks!