Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klippel NFS measurements for standard Sierra-1?

Default Re: Klippel NFS measurements for standard Sierra-1?

Yup...with Ascends...looking forward to what's on the horizon....no pun thou...lol
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Getting? lol...
    My shoulder agrees with you.

Hey Dave, how about measurements of the Sierra-1 NrT?
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

May need to complain and post on multiple forums for a few weeks....maybe more helpful if you have a frankensierra1. Just kidding!
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    May need to complain and post on multiple forums for a few weeks....maybe more helpful if you have a frankensierra1. Just kidding!

Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Hey Dave, how about measurements of the Sierra-1 NrT?
    Possibly after the holidays. I honestly do not have the time to dedicate to it. We are entering our busiest time of the year. And, as I have learned, things are not as simple as just posting measurements because they always lead to often misinformed discussion that I must then participate in. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind these discussions - but I can not dedicate the time needed during this time of the year.

Thanks for understanding!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Possibly after the holidays. I honestly do not have the time to dedicate to it. We are entering our busiest time of the year. And, as I have learned, things are not as simple as just posting measurements because they always lead to often misinformed discussion that I must then participate in. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind these discussions - but I can not dedicate the time needed during this time of the year.

Thanks for understanding!
    Please please do not feel in any way obligated, especially during your busy time of year!

I'm simply idly curious because I still own a pair of NrTs and, of course, I own regular S-1s, LXs, and EXv2s as well and I wonder how the NrT compares. But honestly I suspect I'll eventually upgrade all but the EXv2s to LXs (or whatever's next) so this is really minor.

This was more along the lines of "I bet Dave has already done this to satisfy his own curiosity and probably has the spins on a hard drive somewhere anyway." I didn't figure spins for the now discontinued NrTs would raise anyone's hackles, but I failed to consider this is the internet and it's hard to post much of anything without igniting debate.

Sigh.

Honestly, I'd rather see a Titan-based Duo than a spin for the NrT any day of the week.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Please please do not feel in any way obligated, especially during your busy time of year!

I'm simply idly curious because I still own a pair of NrTs and, of course, I own regular S-1s, LXs, and EXv2s as well and I wonder how the NrT compares. But honestly I suspect I'll eventually upgrade all but the EXv2s to LXs (or whatever's next) so this is really minor.

This was more along the lines of "I bet Dave has already done this to satisfy his own curiosity and probably has the spins on a hard drive somewhere anyway." I didn't figure spins for the now discontinued NrTs would raise anyone's hackles, but I failed to consider this is the internet and it's hard to post much of anything without igniting debate.

Sigh.

Honestly, I'd rather see a Titan-based Duo than a spin for the NrT any day of the week.
    I actually haven't measured Sierra-1 NrT on the NFS, but I would expect it to measure similar to the Sierra-1, but with a rising high frequency response as the NrT produces more HF energy.

Appreciate your patience, I will get to this at some point
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I actually haven't measured Sierra-1 NrT on the NFS
    Yep, I was wrong about this—I figured you already had. I know it's a fair bit of work to do the measurements. I'm sure at this point your time would be better spent elsewhere, e.g., developing new products. So really no worries if this never happens.

Yep, I was wrong about this—I figured you already had. I know it's a fair bit of work to do the measurements. I'm sure at this point your time would be better spent elsewhere, e.g., developing new products. So really no worries if this never happens.
    Thanks for your understanding. I actually searched through our demo room and finished goods area to see if we even have a Sierra-1 NrT built up. Unfortunately, we do not so we would have to assemble one. Now is definitely not the time as we are swamped and we must prioritize daily production needs. For sure after the holidays...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com