Quote Originally Posted by djDANNY View Post
Is it for both speakers or only one? I did LX upgrade on my Sierra 2’s and one of the terminals on the LX woofer was marked incorrectly by SEAS (they put a red mark on the positive terminal but the ended up putting the red mark on the negative which I confirmed when I took apart all the speakers and compared the drivers and noticed the difference). Like you, Audyssey threw a phase error on me for that one speaker that had the driver marked incorrectly. Once I switched the wires on the terminals for that driver it fixed the issue and Audyssey no longer reported a phase error.
Yeah - this was a very different situation because this was an upgrade, not an assembled speaker. Still, that was the first time we have ever even seen this mistake from SEAS, and we are talking tens of thousands of drivers from them at this point. But, the woofer was wired in correct phase - just that somehow one of their workers marked the wrong terminal.

With SEAS woofers, when facing the terminals, positive will always be on your left side. But ever since you caught this, we now also check to make sure the marking is correct.

We had originally requested that the LX woofers use different sized terminals, larger one for positive and smaller for negative, but they were not able to do this for us so both terminals are the same size. To avoid possible polarity confusion, we asked them to mark the positive terminal with red ink.