Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 59606162636465 LastLast

Thread: We Saved The Best For Last!

Default Re: We Saved The Best For Last!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Hmm...endgame from Dave? I might need to think more about ordering a pair and center.
    I think you need to Curtis! Then just when you think you’ll never have to upgrade again….dave creates another model

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    LOL!! We are starting your 2nd pair next week. Sorry for the delays, we never anticipated this type of sales volume with the ELX.

You need to come visit us again soon, and with the family please
    No worries at all Dave! I’m looking forward to having an ELX titan and ELX RAAL pair!

Absolutely! I’d love to get back to southern CA with the three of us. Cayden loved the area and hanging out with Dina

Go on Curtis. Get the ELX Towers. You know you want them. LOL
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

This may have already been answered .. are there any recommendations on placement for ELX towers? Distance from walls, from each other?

Mine are about 2' from the side walls and 3' from the back walls. Roughly 8' apart. Each is about 8' from my MLP. This is all dictated by my room dimensions.

I'd keep them out of corners as this would likely reinforce the bass and may become too boomy. Similarly, I'd keep some distance from the back wall -- I believe the general minimum recommendation is equal to the diameter of the port.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by newbo101 View Post
    This may have already been answered .. are there any recommendations on placement for ELX towers? Distance from walls, from each other?
    My towers are about 10" from the back wall, 6.5' from each other, and 7.5' from the listening area. I can't pull them out from the wall more because of the room layout. Sounds great though. The towers are not overly picky about placement.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by newbo101 View Post
    Distance from each other should the same for any pair of speakers: the "correct" distance is the same as your distance from the center point between the two speakers. That is, if you're 8 feet away, then the speakers should be 8 ft apart.

Obviously in real rooms this isn't always practical, but get as close to this as you can, for ELX's or any other speaker. Where it matters what speakers you have is how far away you can get from this and still have it sound good. The ELX's should be more forgiving than most in this regard, but still, do what you can.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

For what it's worth, I and my wife prefer to have the speakers a bit farther away than the distance between them.

Right now, they're 4 feet apart, and we sit about 12 feet from them. That way, we hear the music "over there", which we like.

I had the chance to listen to a very expensive system some years ago - total cost around $75K, with about $25K of that being Wilson speakers. It was a lot of fun and interesting, but afterwards I realized I wouldn't want Oscar Peterson in the room right next to me that way.

So I think some of the placement questions depend on your preferences.

The story about how I got to listen to that system is fun - we went to Columbus OH to visit my sisters-in-law and I went to a little audio store to listen to some speakers (NHT, Thiel). When I got there, the guys asked if I wanted to listen to their flagship system, so I said yes, of course. We went up to the attic, where everything was set-up, with room treatments and one chair in the ideal listening location apparently. It was very impressive, and it wasn't until afterwards that I realized I wouldn't want that experience at home (even if I could afford it).
    Last edited by James; 01-22-2024 at 06:16 AM.

Symmetrical layout, all points being equal would be ideal....but every individual case differs, it's likely asymmetrical lay-outs for most. My particular case, I'm within .5" of said triangle, and 15" from back, 2' from side walls. The perfect senerio imo you'd have equal distance at front and back... avoiding common early reflection or bounce...since this isn't applicable in my room or most applications...I'm using plenty of dampening solutions and acoustical panels....as for the complete symmetrical look....a wise man noted...if it looks good...likely won't sound good...A-men...lol
    Last edited by billy p; 01-22-2024 at 03:00 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Noticed the spins are up for the ELX Ribbon Horizons. Looking good!

https://www.spinorama.org/?search=elx+ribbon+horizon