Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ray

Red face BB >>> NF

don't forget to use the 'COOPER' code if you haven't, to get 4-wks free from BB. yes, BB does have faster delivery compared to NF in my case (and I live not too far away from a hub)

OK...here's the deal with the Blockbuster in-store rentals.

There is still a due date on the receipts. I kept a movie for two weeks, got an automated reminder after one week, and then after the second week, another automated reminder saying they will charge my card minus the rental fee if the movie is not returned by the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nelms
    I heard that Blocbuster is a little misleading. They say they have ended their late fees but what they are doing is that they will charge your credit card for the full cost of the movie after 8 days.

I do not know if this applies to their on-line service.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    OK...here's the deal with the Blockbuster in-store rentals.

There is still a due date on the receipts. I kept a movie for two weeks, got an automated reminder after one week, and then after the second week, another automated reminder saying they will charge my card minus the rental fee if the movie is not returned by the next day.
    If you return after that they refund you the buying the movie charge minus a restocking fee.

Thumbs up Ray... 2 thumbs up!

Thumbs up from both me and the wife on "Ray"... I noticed a few audio synchronization problems on some scenes where Jamie Foxx's "singing" clearly did not match up well with the soundtrack. My wife even noticed this.

All in all, great movie!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Has anyone noticed any playback problems?

I was watching the dvd on my Panasonic portable and about in the middle of the film (the scene where Ray and his band have to add another song to the set and come up with "Babby It's All Right") the scenes pixelate and freeze.

I checked this using my newer Elite and Dennon players and there was not a problem. Just a note to see if I had a bad disc or the portable is getting outdated.
    Dave Nelms

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    Thumbs up from both me and the wife on "Ray"... I noticed a few audio synchronization problems on some scenes where Jamie Foxx's "singing" clearly did not match up well with the soundtrack. My wife even noticed this.

All in all, great movie!
    Are you sure that was Jamie Foxx singing in those scenes, Dave? I wonder if it was actually a case of Jamie Foxx lip-synching (less than perfectly) to a Ray Charles recording. Or is that what you actually meant?

My wife and I watched the movie last night and both of us were slightly disappointed. We found the dialog difficult to understand at times (especially Foxx) which is the first time this has happened with a true DD5.1 soundtrack fed through our terrific little HTM-200 center channel. In general, the sound in the first half of the movie was less than impressive, but improved later during some of the thrilling performances in the second half. At 152 minutes, the movie was also needlessly long, and then, almost as if the director suddenly realized this, it seemed to end rather abruptly.

No better than 7/10, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    Are you sure that was Jamie Foxx singing in those scenes, Dave? I wonder if it was actually a case of Jamie Foxx lip-synching (less than perfectly) to a Ray Charles recording. Or is that what you actually meant?
    I took it to mean that Jamie was not always in-sinc with the recording...or vice-versa. I noticed this on occasion also.

Randy

Sorry if I was less than clear. The imperfect synchronization was certainly noticeable, but my point was that it was more likely due to old-fashioned bad lip-synching rather than a "technical" problem related to faulty synchronization of the audio and video.

I give it out of .