Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

I’ve been looking at those for my HTM200s to move from high on wall to ceiling. Granted, smaller & lighter than the CMT. I do think they’d work for the CMT, likely 2 per speaker since they are longer, and secured into ceiling joists
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I have the HTM 200SE as a center channel. I can't describe how impressed I am with the output of this little speaker. I'm thinking of either getting them as mains also or perhaps the 170SE. I have a question about that. I also have the 340SE2 as a center in my main room. The specifications claim the 170 has more bass extension than the 340 but according to the Klippel of both speakers the 340 has more bass. Just wonder if someone can explain this minor discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    I have the HTM 200SE as a center channel. I can't describe how impressed I am with the output of this little speaker. I'm thinking of either getting them as mains also or perhaps the 170SE. I have a question about that. I also have the 340SE2 as a center in my main room. The specifications claim the 170 has more bass extension than the 340 but according to the Klippel of both speakers the 340 has more bass. Just wonder if someone can explain this minor discrepancy.
    I just did a quick look at the specs.
    In room, the specs have the 340 playing deeper.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I just did a quick look at the specs.
    In room, the specs have the 340 playing deeper.
    But not Anechoic.

But not Anechoic.
    Are you saying your room is an Anechoic chamber? As Curtis pointed out in room is what counts...fwiw.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the HTM-200SE!

Our published specifications on the CBM-170SE are based on our older measurements, not NFS measurements. One of these days I will run a scan on the 170SE and update this info. The 170SE was one of the first speakers Amir measured and, back then, his measured bass response of rear ported speakers was not accurate, so that published info is also not correct. This was eventually resolved with the help of Klippel engineers and required expansion point adjustments, which is something the very few of us NFS users must implement. It was a well documented issue:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...rements.22493/

That stated, bass extension of the 340SE2 and CBM-170SE are very similar.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

OK, so I have my entire system setup including a quartet of 340SE2s as surrounds, and all I'm lacking is installing the other quartet of 340SE2s as Atmos/Auro-3D heights. I lucked out in that the ideal placement for both front and rears are right above my mains/back surrounds and there are joists just above both. I purchased THESE 3/8 - 4" Lag Screws to fasten THESE MOUNTS to the ceiling (two screws for each mount), and THESE #10 1-1/4" WOOD SCREWS to fasten the 340SE2s to the mount (four screws for each speaker). Just checking in here to see if this looks OK. I plan on mounting the 340SE2s horizontally, so the wood screws will go into the sides rather than the back. I wanted to make sure the 1-1/4" wood screws won't penetrate any of the components inside the speakers.

I will be moving my mains and back surrounds for a bit until I'm fairly confident the height channels are secure enough on their own, and then maybe putting some pillows on top of them for at least a few weeks until I've put the system through its paces and made sure nothing is going to come loose.

Those mounts look to swivel 90 degrees. Why not mount into the back and just swivel?

Based on the dimensions posted (3/4" mdf for cabinets) plus a bit for the mounts, you would probably be ok. Maybe use 1" screws to be on the safer side.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

It's fantastic to hear about your positive experience with the HTM 200SE as a center channel! It's indeed impressive how much sound can come from such compact speakers. Regarding your consideration between choosing the HTM 200SE as mains or opting for the 170SE, both choices promise to enhance your audio setup, but they do cater to slightly different acoustic preferences and room dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Those mounts look to swivel 90 degrees. Why not mount into the back and just swivel?

Based on the dimensions posted (3/4" mdf for cabinets) plus a bit for the mounts, you would probably be ok. Maybe use 1" screws to be on the safer side.
    Not sure if the mounts would fit between the port and the top of the speaker. In either case even in the horizontal configuration they'll still be hanging down about a foot. If I hung them vertically they'd probably be hanging down an additional foot and that's getting really close to standing head height.

I'd have to go and purchase some 1" screws if the the 1-1/4" are too long. Not a big deal, I just had plenty of the 1-1/4" left over from an old project.