Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Another option, if you do want to position the speaker this high up, would be to wall mount it.
    I didn't know these speakers were wall-mountable. I could wall-mount three of them, but the fourth (right-rear surround) would be in front of a curtain. Perhaps I could find a large-ish bookshelf to put it on and then just adjust the height of the left-rear surround to match. What would you recommend for wall-mounting them?

Quote Originally Posted by solrage View Post
    I didn't know these speakers were wall-mountable. I could wall-mount three of them, but the fourth (right-rear surround) would be in front of a curtain. Perhaps I could find a large-ish bookshelf to put it on and then just adjust the height of the left-rear surround to match. What would you recommend for wall-mounting them?
    These are the wall mounts we recommend for the 340SE2.

https://www.amazon.com/B-Tech-BT77-U...dp/B004DCAOHK/
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Awesome! Thanks!

One last question: would these work for ceiling mounting? If not, what would you recommend for that? I may eventually invest in Atmos heights but I've never tried ceiling mounting speakers, much less ones these size.

One last question: would these work for ceiling mounting? If not, what would you recommend for that? I may eventually invest in Atmos heights but I've never tried ceiling mounting speakers, much less ones these size.
    I wouldn't attempt to mount a 'mini-tower' to the ceiling. They also weigh nearly 30 lbs each. I'd suggest making a box the same size as a speaker to visualize how big they are. The HTM-200s are much better suited to ceiling mounting.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I wouldn't attempt to mount a 'mini-tower' to the ceiling. They also weigh nearly 30 lbs each. I'd suggest making a box the same size as a speaker to visualize how big they are. The HTM-200s are much better suited to ceiling mounting.
    I do understand they're large, but I wouldn't think 30lbs. would be so outrageously heavy there's no way to ceiling mount them. Would also prefer keeping all the surround channels the same if at all possible.

I do understand they're large, but I wouldn't think 30lbs. would be so outrageously heavy there's no way to ceiling mount them. Would also prefer keeping all the surround channels the same if at all possible.
    Wow..... 29lbs each! More than I was expecting.

You would need to use best practices if you want to mount that on the ceiling. Be sure to hit some joists with some lag screws.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Is it a dedicated room? As natetg57 suggested, use some cardboard or something and mock up a box the size of a 340 so you can see how it will look wherever you want to mount it.
    -curtis

You would likely need professional gear to safely and securely hang them from a ceiling, and to be safe, screw the mounting plate directly to the speaker with a minimum of 4 1" wood screws. Check out sweetwater.com, lot of pro-gear options for mounting.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    You would need to use best practices if you want to mount that on the ceiling. Be sure to hit some joists with some lag screws.
    Definitely! I have a stud finder so that part should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Is it a dedicated room? As natetg57 suggested, use some cardboard or something and mock up a box the size of a 340 so you can see how it will look wherever you want to mount it.
    Yes, dedicated home theater room. I actually ordered a quad of these for regular surrounds so I should be able to get a look at them in person shortly. I was just also considering another quad for Atmos in the future.

You would likely need professional gear to safely and securely hang them from a ceiling, and to be safe, screw the mounting plate directly to the speaker with a minimum of 4 1" wood screws. Check out sweetwater.com, lot of pro-gear options for mounting.
    Yeesh, the Sweetwater options are expensive! Some almost as much as the speakers themselves! I did find THIS on Amazon but it's hard to tell from the photos/descriptions whether it would work with these speakers or not.