Page 1 of 30 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Default New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

We are most pleased to announce the new V2 version of our Sierra-2EX!

Taking full advantage of the most advanced loudspeaker R&D available today, we have developed a new crossover topology to best integrate the RAAL true ribbon tweeter with our EX woofer.

From an objective standpoint, measurements are greatly improved, most specifically in overall directivity and estimated in-room response. In fact, the directivity measurement of the V2 is flat-out remarkable and horizontal dispersion, as indicated in the beamwidth measurement, is class-leading.

From a listening standpoint, the Sierra-2EX V2 sounds more spacious, with slightly warmer and more detailed mids and there is about ½ dB more midbass energy.

While this new crossover is more expensive, we are holding firm on pricing with Sierra-2EX V2 retailing for the same as the original Sierra-2EX at least through this year.

A full suite of Klippel NFS measurements for Sierra-2EX V2 are now published on our main website and customers can now order actual NFS measurements like we offer for the LX.

Please contact us if you would like to upgrade your Sierra-2EX to Sierra-2EX V2.

We continue to be fully committed to providing our customers with the best performing products utilizing the latest and most advanced technologies available today.

Enjoy!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Wow Dave, Thanks! What a surprise to wake up to! I have the EX and have been considering the LX kit. Now I will be considering this upgrade. Possibly another Christmas upgrade!

A comment from an earlier post comparing the EX and LX stated;

"when the ES is better, it’s 20% better and when the LX is better, it’s 80% better."

I can only imagine that this crossover upgrade may change that percentage to; when the ES is better, it’s 40% better and when the LX is better, it’s 60% better. It may depend on the user’s listening habits..HT, Jazz, Classical, Rock etc..

Very exciting!

Exclamation Re: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Dave,

Great news! Although with my new amp, an Orchard Audio Starkrimson Stereo Ultra (see HERE), my 2EX has really opened up in the midrange/mid-bass regions, would be very interesting to hear what further improvements the new xover could make!!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Nice review on the amp, Ted.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by rifmon View Post
    A comment from an earlier post comparing the EX and LX stated;

"when the ES is better, it’s 20% better and when the LX is better, it’s 80% better."
    That might have been me—if it wasn't, it's certainly consistent with how I feel about the comparison.

I do think overall one of the things that makes the LX better is overall flatter FR—it doesn't have so much brightness baked in. If the new crossovers in the EX addresses this, well, that'd be something indeed.

I suspect the EX V2 still won't have the slam of the LX—there's only so much the EX woofer can do with that high crossover. Still, would be fun to check it out.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Nice statement. I think it was quoted elsewhere too.

What we need now is a person who has both the EX and LX, then to upgrade their EX to the V2 and then do a comparison review! It will be fun and interesting!

Thanks Dave - what do you think the cost of upgrading from 2EX to V2 would be? Is the update only a crossover replacement?

Are upgrades being planned to the towers?

As to the Towers, Dave had alluded earlier (I recall in the LX thread) that something was in the works and advised not to sell the Towers...
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Since I've been thinking about whether to upgrade from the S2EX to the Towers, you can see where I'm on the fence waiting to see what happens next ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Dave,

Great news! Although with my new amp, an Orchard Audio Starkrimson Stereo Ultra (see HERE), my 2EX has really opened up in the midrange/mid-bass regions, would be very interesting to hear what further improvements the new xover could make!!!

Ted
    More spacious sounding, a bit warmer with more detailed mids, and a slight touch of added midbass
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com