room 20x18x8. closed off.
speakers: likely the cheaper ascend series, CMTs across front.
HT/Music 70/30

old theater room was open layout. easy 2X the volume of air. had PSA opposing 15" sealed and it was enough... but not overkill. I did not get the sub in the divorce. (it went with the house, which is fine with me.)

I like the idea of two smaller subs. thinking of 2 F12-400s or 2 12" ported or 2 E15s.

I want killer--FEEL IT--performance at least down to 25-30 Hz. I'd like to hear it down to 20 Hz, Ok if the system doesn't gut punch me at this low Hz.

Other considerations:
- I'd like to keep the per-sub weight <80 lbs. My back ain't what it used to be, and I'd like to be able to move them on my own.
- I may move again in the next two years. There is value in the sub combo being able to "service" a larger volume of air.
- I don't actually have an AV receiver yet. it will be somewhere between the $500 CostCo Denon special (Denon AVR S760H 7.2ch 8K AV Receiver) and a Marantz SR-6015. The receiver would have dual sub LFE outs.
- might buy one sub first & see how it does alone. then buy another later to round it out and take it up a notch. (but nearly positive a single 12" sealed is NOT going to satisfy.)

Initially will pair it with Ascend Sierra LXs...! Eventually the plan is to have separate HT and music listening areas, and Sierra LXs will "ascend" from family room (basement) to living room (upstairs living room).

Budget: open-ended. Rythmic subs seem to be worth it regardless. (my brother has one, it rocks)

Anyways... what do you say community? What two subs would you buy if you were me?

THANK YOU! questions, holler.