Thread: Side and Rear Surrounds Suggestons!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Side and Rear Surrounds Suggestons!

Ok guys, I do have the CMT340's as LCR and need some side surrounds and rear surrounds. I am considering the HTM200 for the rears since I have stands for them but for sides I am lost. I am looking for a biopolar speaker since I have two rows of seats and would like the wide dispersion. What would you guys recommend? Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Side and Rear Surrounds Suggestons!

Not sure if either still sells, but Definitive Tech and Emotiva have/had bipolars. I used the Def Techs for awhile. That said, why not HTM or Lunas for the sides? Either could probably work even with 2 rows of seats but you may want to give Ascend a call to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Not sure if either still sells, but Definitive Tech and Emotiva have/had bipolars. I used the Def Techs for awhile. That said, why not HTM or Lunas for the sides? Either could probably work even with 2 rows of seats but you may want to give Ascend a call to discuss
    Thank you! Yes I did consider the HTM's for sides as well but do not know how the dispersion will be on those with two row seats. You are right though, I will be calling Dina and ask them. Thank you again.

You’re welcome. Let us know what Dina has to say

Has anyone considered or tried Goldenear Supersat 3 or 3C? Or even Martin Logan 2i/4i/6i/8i that all have ribbon tweeters?

Quote Originally Posted by hdkeith View Post
    Has anyone considered or tried Goldenear Supersat 3 or 3C? Or even Martin Logan 2i/4i/6i/8i that all have ribbon tweeters?
    They do not actually use ribbon tweeters, they are AMT tweeters. There is nothing even remotely similar to a RAAL ribbon tweeter and an AMT.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com