Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duo V2?

Default Re: Duo V2?

Appreciate the feedback, I will work on a diagram for the dampener installation - that should help a lot.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

When I texted my wife whose a dr, if we had any hemostats laying around the house, she panicked and assumed I was bleeding!

But all's good -- no damage to speakers or myself.

Thx

This should help clarify:

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Perfectly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

yes!! Lovely.

Also worth clarifying that the extra soundproofing batting goes on top of the existing batting.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    yes!! Lovely.

Also worth clarifying that the extra soundproofing batting goes on top of the existing batting.

Thx
    Got it too. Thanks.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Got it too. Thanks.
    Hi Dave,

Are you planning on updating the website to indicate the V2 version of the Duo & Lunas are shipping and now are NFS optimized?

Thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Hi Dave,

Are you planning on updating the website to indicate the V2 version of the Duo & Lunas are shipping and now are NFS optimized?

Thanks,

Robert
    100% yes, likely over this weekend.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hah just got some quiet time away from the family, finished the duo v2 install. Found the mic, drug out the 100lbs subs and set them for auto cal, reran 8 measurements of 11 channels, fixed dampening/rumble settings on subs, further level matched all channels to preference........ Only to log on today and see I installed the V2 port foam incorrectly.

I laid them flat and pressed all the way down, I guess in my mind slowing the airflow like the S1 port dampers did rather than making a more narrow port channel.

At this point, no idea how to fish them out without damaging the cabinet and not spending the time and effort to recalibrate. Guess I have 'sealed' center channel now 🤷

The diagram helps a lot, I didn't understand the arrows either, but it now makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Agd View Post
    At this point, no idea how to fish them out without damaging the cabinet and not spending the time and effort to recalibrate. Guess I have 'sealed' center channel now 🤷

The diagram helps a lot, I didn't understand the arrows either, but it now makes sense.
    We would be happy to correct this for you if you want to ship the speakers back to us. Or, you can simply purchase extra long needle nose pliers which should work to get the dampeners out without issue:

We use this exact same tool: https://www.amazon.com/Dykes-Needle-.../dp/B0733NWRCS
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com