Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Website is Live - please be patient - there might be downtime.

Default Re: New Website is Live - please be patient - there might be downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am not sure I understand. Please clarify for me, thanks!
    Sure! When I take a picture with my iPhone and try to upload the picture to the site (again using my phone) I always get An error indicating the file size is too big. So I then email the pic to myself and choose to downsize it in order to meet the requirements, then upload the new smaller (resolution) pic.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Sure! When I take a picture with my iPhone and try to upload the picture to the site (again using my phone) I always get An error indicating the file size is too big. So I then email the pic to myself and choose to downsize it in order to meet the requirements, then upload the new smaller (resolution) pic.

Ah, so you are referring to this forum. The main site and this forum are completely separate, the only thing we will be changing on this forum is the overall look to make it look more like the main site, including the menu.

This forum already takes up a HUGE amount of server space, thus the requirement to limit file sizes. If everyone simply uploaded photos from their phone the database would be too large and we would either have to charge a fee for forum membership (not going to happen) or we would have to shut it down.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Ah, so you are referring to this forum. The main site and this forum are completely separate, the only thing we will be changing on this forum is the overall look to make it look more like the main site, including the menu.

This forum already takes up a HUGE amount of server space, thus the requirement to limit file sizes. If everyone simply uploaded photos from their phone the database would be too large and we would either have to charge a fee for forum membership (not going to happen) or we would have to shut it down.
    Got it! Some forums must automatically resize photos because normally I don’t need to take the extra step to resize…again, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Got it! Some forums must automatically resize photos
    That would be a huge plus. I will look into this... Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

That would be a huge plus. I will look into this... Thanks!
    Absolutely! I believe I posted my findings on avs as well and did not need to resize. Good luck