Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8687888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Sounds like you maybe getting a new sub or 2
    You're all bad influences.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    You're all bad influences.
    But good for The Economy

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Thanks!

The issue is my sub doesn't have that trigger. That's why I was scratching my head when you mentioned it. I see some of their newer amps have the trigger.

BTW...those trigger cables are easy to find, they are mini mono RCA cables. I bought a couple off of Amazon.

Oh well...I still love the LXs.
    It is easy to find such a 10 ft cable, but not the 50 ft cable. I was also worried about the signal strength at 50 feet. I called Parts Express and Dayton Audio technical support about a 50 ft cable and they could not confirm that the cables they had were mono or if they would work at 50 ft. This is why I ended up at Seaton.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    It is easy to find such a 10 ft cable, but not the 50 ft cable. I was also worried about the signal strength at 50 feet. I called Parts Express and Dayton Audio technical support about a 50 ft cable and they could not confirm that the cables they had were mono or if they would work at 50 ft. This is why I ended up at Seaton.
    Got it!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Sierra-LX Upgrade Kits now listed on the website and available for purchase.

https://ascendacoustics.com/collecti...40150051029046
    It occurs to me... with all of the woofer iterations from Sierra 1 until now that use the same same cabinet, there's no requirement to ever change the port tuning? You're using the same port tuning on all Sierra monitor models?

Quote Originally Posted by Alleric View Post
    It occurs to me... with all of the woofer iterations from Sierra 1 until now that use the same same cabinet, there's no requirement to ever change the port tuning? You're using the same port tuning on all Sierra monitor models?
    Sierra-2, Sierra-2EX and LX woofers have been specifically designed to use the same port tuning and cabinet volume.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sierra-2, Sierra-2EX and LX woofers have been specifically designed to use the same port tuning and cabinet volume.
    Cool. I presumed that answer, and happy to see it. Just odd to see that level of design efficiency, tuning things on driver selection.

Horizon with RAAL matches up exceptionally well with Left/Right LX and is the best choice. We are giving demos several times per week with this exact setup.

In addition, while we are not officially advertising it just yet, we can now offer the Horizon with the LX tweeter for the same price as the Horizon with NrT dome.
    Any comments on how the LX tweeter performs compared to the other options (NrT/RAAL) in the horizon? Would be interesting to see it measured in the klippel

Quote Originally Posted by Alleric View Post
    Cool. I presumed that answer, and happy to see it. Just odd to see that level of design efficiency, tuning things on driver selection.
    This level of design efficiency is nearly impossible these days and thank you for recognizing it!

Our 20+ years of cooperation with SEAS combined with our order quantities make specifically designed (custom) woofers possible for us.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

This level of design efficiency is nearly impossible these days and thank you for recognizing it!

Our 20+ years of cooperation with SEAS combined with our order quantities make specifically designed (custom) woofers possible for us.
    Quite welcome, and thank you.

I realize this is potentially the splitting of hairs, but between the S2EX and the S1LX, all things being equal:

1. Which one throws the wider sound stage?
    2. Which one throws the most coherent sound stage, the most recognizable positioning?