Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    So I've had my LXs for about 2.5 weeks, and I am enjoying them very much. Every night, I sit in the sweet spot for an hour or so to enjoy them and many times fall asleep in the recliner.

In my room, they are very engaging and enveloping. I have them crossed over 60hz with my Rythmik F15hp (my Sierra-2s were crossed at 80hz). The punch/texture/feel the LXs provide is great. With the crossover set at 60hz, it takes a little more volume to activate the sub, so I have a straight 2-channel profile setup on the pre/pro and use it for lower volumes.

My office is one room over from the living room, and when I am not on conference calls I have the music going. Just a bit ago I was typing emails and I thought a heard a hiss coming from the speakers/music. So hit "pause" on Roon from my computer, and I still heard the hissing. So I got up and walked into the living room. The hiss was not coming from from the speakers, it was from a weedwacker three or four houses down the block.
    enjoying some music after pickleball?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

So I've had my LXs for about 2.5 weeks, and I am enjoying them very much. Every night, I sit in the sweet spot for an hour or so to enjoy them and many times fall asleep in the recliner.

In my room, they are very engaging and enveloping. I have them crossed over 60hz with my Rythmik F15hp (my Sierra-2s were crossed at 80hz). The punch/texture/feel the LXs provide is great. With the crossover set at 60hz, it takes a little more volume to activate the sub, so I have a straight 2-channel profile setup on the pre/pro and use it for lower volumes.

My office is one room over from the living room, and when I am not on conference calls I have the music going. Just a bit ago I was typing emails and I thought a heard a hiss coming from the speakers/music. So hit "pause" on Roon from my computer, and I still heard the hissing. So I got up and walked into the living room. The hiss was not coming from from the speakers, it was from a weedwacker three or four houses down the block.
    On my Rythmik FV15HP’s I setup the 12V trigger from my Denon 3600H to turn them off and on when the receiver is turned off and on. This way I don’t have to worry about whether there is a strong enough signal to turn them on or not. It was a pain tracking down 12V trigger cables, but I ended up purchasing them from Seaton, the company that also makes subwoofers. This might save a little on the electric bill since I think Rythmik has the amp stay on for 45 minutes before turning off, after receiving the last signal.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    On my Rythmik FV15HP’s I setup the 12V trigger from my Denon 3600H to turn them off and on when the receiver is turned off and on. This way I don’t have to worry about whether there is a strong enough signal to turn them on or not. It was a pain tracking down 12V trigger cables, but I ended up purchasing them from Seaton, the company that also makes subwoofers. This might save a little on the electric bill since I think Rythmik has the amp stay on for 45 minutes before turning off, after receiving the last signal.
    Interesting.

Can you list what you bought?
    -curtis

Likely a 3.5 mm mono cable although same in stereo may work.
    Check Amazon (I found one but can’t for some reason get a link to post. Perhaps because I’m in Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Likely a 3.5 mm mono cable although same in stereo may work.
    Check Amazon (I found one but can’t for some reason get a link to post. Perhaps because I’m in Rio)
    I know about the 3.5mm mono cables. I use one for my pre/pro to my amp.

I am wondering what he plugs the sub into that has a trigger.
    -curtis

I’m assuming the amp on his sub has a trigger input and his Denon has trigger outs.

I’m pretty sure my Rythmiks don’t have a trigger but looks like a couple of their amps do as far as I can tell from their website.

I’ve seen power strips that have triggered outlets. That could be an option

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I’m assuming the amp on his sub has a trigger input and his Denon has trigger outs.

I’m pretty sure my Rythmiks don’t have a trigger but looks like a couple of their amps do as far as I can tell from their website.

I’ve seen power strips that have triggered outlets. That could be an option
    I have a first iteration of the F15HP...I am pretty sure it does not have a trigger.

I just went to the site, and like you said, some of the amps do have a trigger! Hmmm...something to think about!
    -curtis

Sounds like you maybe getting a new sub or 2😁

Interesting.

Can you list what you bought?
    I bought a 10 ft and 50 ft cable to reach each subwoofer:

https://seatonsound.net/product/3-5m...trigger-cable/

I had to use a Y-splitter to get a signal from the Denon to both subs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I0...b_b_asin_title

I was worried about the signal getting through after passing through the Y-splitter and the long 50 ft cable. But it has worked flawlessly over the past year and a half now. I’d highly recommend using the 12V trigger to power on/off the sub. I’ve never liked the auto sensing switch for a subwoofer as they don’t always come on.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    I bought a 10 ft and 50 ft cable to reach each subwoofer:

https://seatonsound.net/product/3-5m...trigger-cable/

I had to use a Y-splitter to get a signal from the Denon to both subs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I0...b_b_asin_title

I was worried about the signal getting through after passing through the Y-splitter and the long 50 ft cable. But it has worked flawlessly over the past year and a half now. I’d highly recommend using the 12V trigger to power on/off the sub. I’ve never liked the auto sensing switch for a subwoofer as they don’t always come on.
    Thanks!

The issue is my sub doesn't have that trigger. That's why I was scratching my head when you mentioned it. I see some of their newer amps have the trigger.

BTW...those trigger cables are easy to find, they are mini mono RCA cables. I bought a couple off of Amazon.

Oh well...I still love the LXs.
    -curtis