Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupan View Post
    Hi Dave,

Can I get an idea when purchasing Sierra LX, how does including NFS measurement for both speakers do to improve the sound? These are additional $500 just for some measurements (like ensuring speaker matching pair?).

Do they actually have a big sound difference whether i choose without NFS measurements or with 2x NFS for the additional $500.

Thanks, may be good to include some descriptives for the potential buyers who may not know how does choosing NFS measurements here actually benefit the buyer in terms of actual sound performance.

My impression is I will just be getting some paper graphs telling me the pair is tested to be a matched pair although there may be no discernible sound difference.

What do most of you guys order anyway, without NFS vs with NFS?

Thanks for the reply
    Hi Lupan,

muaddib is 100% correct. Ordering the NFS measurements will not, in any way, change or improve performance of the speakers.

The NFS is the most advanced loudspeaker measurement device currently available (very few companies have one) It takes approx 6 hours to properly measure an LX speaker. If someone orders the measurements, we take the measurements of that customer's speakers and email them a digital file with the results. We also keep this information in a database.

Presently, to get a speaker measured by the NFS here in the US, there is only one company offering this, Warkwyn, and the costs range from about $1200 - $2000 per speaker (depending on which measurements are requested)

It is a unique option to offer, especially since no other loudspeaker company offers this
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sierra-LX Upgrade Kits now listed on the website and available for purchase.

https://ascendacoustics.com/collecti...40150051029046
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks Dave, I know what to order now

If there is a bird's eye maple or burr magnolia gloss finish it, i would not mind paying more for it haha

Maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by Lupan View Post
    Thanks Dave, I know what to order now

If there is a bird's eye maple or burr magnolia gloss finish it, i would not mind paying more for it haha

Maybe one day
    One of the main features of Sierra speakers are the bamboo cabinets, they are not veneer. There are only stained or painted (piano black).
    -curtis

Sorry if this has been brought up recently, but is an LX upgrade to the towers coming out in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by wtrimble View Post
    Sorry if this has been brought up recently, but is an LX upgrade to the towers coming out in the near future?
    It has been asked recently that something is in the works but no timing indicated. Earlier in this thread (I believe) Dave mentioned it and advised for current Tower owners not to sell/replace with the LXs

So I've had my LXs for about 2.5 weeks, and I am enjoying them very much. Every night, I sit in the sweet spot for an hour or so to enjoy them and many times fall asleep in the recliner.

In my room, they are very engaging and enveloping. I have them crossed over 60hz with my Rythmik F15hp (my Sierra-2s were crossed at 80hz). The punch/texture/feel the LXs provide is great. With the crossover set at 60hz, it takes a little more volume to activate the sub, so I have a straight 2-channel profile setup on the pre/pro and use it for lower volumes.

My office is one room over from the living room, and when I am not on conference calls I have the music going. Just a bit ago I was typing emails and I thought a heard a hiss coming from the speakers/music. So hit "pause" on Roon from my computer, and I still heard the hissing. So I got up and walked into the living room. The hiss was not coming from from the speakers, it was from a weedwacker three or four houses down the block.
    Last edited by curtis; 07-07-2022 at 03:09 PM.
    -curtis

Just received my LX pair and Horizon RAAL center. I know it's only been a few hours but so far i'm blown away. Such a huge upgrade from my old KEFs.

I ran them through Audyssey (Denon) and to no one's surprise Audyssey thinks all three are full range speakers. So I manually set them to small and set crossover to 40hz. Did I do this correctly? I see curtis in one post above set his crossover to 60hz. My two subs are SVS PC-2000 and Triad Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by imoseyon View Post
    I ran them through Audyssey (Denon) and to no one's surprise Audyssey thinks all three are full range speakers. So I manually set them to small and set crossover to 40hz. Did I do this correctly? I see curtis in one post above set his crossover to 60hz. My two subs are SVS PC-2000 and Triad Silver.
    You can set the crossover where you want, but my feeling is if setting the crossover lower doesn't get you any better sound quality, then why do it?

That said, I don't know what Audessey does when you change the settings after it has done it's calculations and set filters. I am using Anthem ARC/Genesis, and you set the crossover before it does its calculations.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by imoseyon View Post
    Just received my LX pair and Horizon RAAL center. I know it's only been a few hours but so far i'm blown away. Such a huge upgrade from my old KEFs.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying the LX + Horizon!

Both the Horizon and LX can easily handle full range signals so there are no issues or concerns setting the crossover very low, or even running them full range. However, with a subwoofer, it is best to cross them both at 60Hz as your subs will handle the range from 40-60Hz more effectively than the speakers will.

However, much depends on your room acoustics so it is best to compare at 40Hz and at 60Hz, if one crossover setting sounds better to you than another, use that. If you can't tell a difference, just set it at 60Hz.

Enjoy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com