Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7677787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Sierra LX owners, are you guys crossing over at 60hz or 80hz when using a sub? I’ve always used 80hz in the past with every other ascend speaker but the LX’s dig lower than anything else they’ve produced.

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    Sierra LX owners, are you guys crossing over at 60hz or 80hz when using a sub? I’ve always used 80hz in the past with every other ascend speaker but the LX’s dig lower than anything else they’ve produced.
    Mine blended better with 60hz XO. It’s also what Dave recommended.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    I plan on experimenting.

I have mine crossed at 60Hz also, paired with the F12.

Mine sound best crossed at 150Hz.
    My other three LX's just crossed the border into Canada. I just paid the cross border Fees.

I feel & understand....your pain...being Canadian. The LX looks as though it's a really nice speaker....but if you're using a 150hz....I must ask why did you order 5??
    Personally.... I prefer the overall directivity of a dome tweeter.. If...I had a set of S2ex I'd most certainly consider trading you.
    Last edited by billy p; 06-07-2022 at 04:21 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Hi billy p
    I listen to a lot of 5 channel music and like having five identical speakers.
    I was hoping that the lower extension, compared to my sierra 2's, would blend better with my subs. I was wrong it did not. I am using the same 150Hz crossover.
    My sierra 2's are over 8 years old and I wanted a change. New speakers from Ascend were a safe bet. I new that I would be getting a great speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlam View Post
    Hi billy p
    I was hoping that the lower extension, compared to my sierra 2's, would blend better with my subs. I was wrong it did not. I am using the same 150Hz crossover.
    My sierra 2's are over 8 years old and I wanted a change. New speakers from Ascend were a safe bet. I new that I would be getting a great speaker.
    Interesting. My LXs blended much better than my previous 340SE's. I use a UMC mic and REW. I had less "room issues" therefore reduced the filters needed on my Behringer FD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlam View Post
    Hi billy p
    150Hz is much too high and at that high of a HPF, there would no difference between the bass of Sierra-2, Sierra-LX, or even our CBM-170. I strongly recommend you cross at between 60-80Hz, and if you are not able to achieve a good blend - you need to spend the time to investigate way. I suspect room modes.

What subwoofer are you using and what are the dimensions of your room?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com