Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

There is no LX upgrade there.

My mistake.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnice View Post
    I’ve been going back and forth in my mind about this. I originally purchased sierra 1 with full intention to upgrade to sierra 2 down the line. However, after owning the sierra 1 for a while, it’s just too good of a speaker for me to end its life. I think at this point if I go to sierra 2 I’ll just buy a new speaker, that way I still have the old sierra and can give or sell them to my brother, cousin, friend etc.

However the nrt upgrade alone does seem to be more a happy medium to me, where I do get that increased treble quality which I want, but without basically killing a pair of sierra 1.

Has anyone here ever upgraded from s1 to s2 and regretted it from that standpoint?
    I have a custom pair of sierra 2 with the ex woofer and nrt (with custom crossover) that dave was kind enough to design for me. I did own the sierra 2 with the ribbon and curve woofer and it ended up being too tame for my taste, so I went back to the nrt tweeter.

Fyi.... i also owned the original sierra 1, then upgraded to the sierra 1 with nrt. Then had the sierra 2 with curve woofer, and finally the nrt with ex woofer. To me my current speakers sound perfect and I love them.

Interesting....I wasn't aware that folks were able to use the S2 curve woofer with the NrT...I would've really enjoyed that design. Now...I'm anxiously awaiting what happens next...the LX by accounts is more neutral with less stored energy vs S2ex, nor... the sparkle of the NrT at those higher frequencies.

In any event...I'm looking for something different... fresh and new from my towers...it's been about 10yrs now
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Interesting....I wasn't aware that folks were able to use the S2 curve woofer with the NrT...I would've really enjoyed that design. Now...I'm anxiously awaiting what happens next...the LX by accounts is more neutral with less stored energy vs S2ex, nor... the sparkle of the NrT at those higher frequencies.

In any event...I'm looking for something different... fresh and new from my towers...it's been about 10yrs now
    I don't have the curve woofer... I have nrt and the ex woofer

Quote Originally Posted by mziegler View Post
    There is no LX upgrade there.
    Weird, I swore I saw them when posting the reply. Then again, I wasn't feeling right and slept for 12 hours last night. Maybe I was just hallucinating!

Maybe I’m misreading/misinterpreting what you are saying. But, I would think the ribbon tweeter would have less stored energy than the titanium dome tweeter. Not sure about the woofers though in the LX vs the 2 EX.

Dave elaborates here...in Link.

On the woofer....I thought the S2ex with curv just a different variation from its predecessor...but I'll defer so not to cause further confusion.
    Screenshot_20220520_141456_com.android.chrome.jpg

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9003#post69003
    Last edited by billy p; 05-20-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    Maybe I’m misreading/misinterpreting what you are saying. But, I would think the ribbon tweeter would have less stored energy than the titanium dome tweeter. Not sure about the woofers though in the LX vs the 2 EX.
    Dave elaborates here...in Link.
    "In addition, there is more high frequency energy in the EX compared to the LX. I believe this is what the differences most people who have compared the 2 actually hear.."

I don't think that is the same as "stored" energy. That said, the predicted in-room response of the LX definitely shows less treble.

On the old site, there was a PDF on the RAAL upgrade that touched upon "stored energy". On the new site, that link is broken.
    https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/sierra-series-pairs/products/sierra-tower-pair
    Last edited by curtis; 05-20-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    -curtis