Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7172737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    I'm not sure I would do an NrT upgrade on an S-1 at this point—I'd be too tempted to just go all the way to the LX. Don't get me wrong, the S-1 NrT is a very nice speaker (I do still have a pair), but the LX is like a whole different animal.
    I’ve been going back and forth in my mind about this. I originally purchased sierra 1 with full intention to upgrade to sierra 2 down the line. However, after owning the sierra 1 for a while, it’s just too good of a speaker for me to end its life. I think at this point if I go to sierra 2 I’ll just buy a new speaker, that way I still have the old sierra and can give or sell them to my brother, cousin, friend etc.

However the nrt upgrade alone does seem to be more a happy medium to me, where I do get that increased treble quality which I want, but without basically killing a pair of sierra 1.

Has anyone here ever upgraded from s1 to s2 and regretted it from that standpoint?
    Last edited by Nnice; 05-18-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnice View Post
    I’ve been going back and forth in my mind about this. I originally purchased sierra 1 with full intention to upgrade to sierra 2 down the line. However, after owning the sierra 1 for a while, it’s just too good of a speaker for me to end its life. I think at this point if I go to sierra 2 I’ll just buy a new speaker, that way I still have the old sierra and can give or sell them to my brother, cousin, friend etc.

However the nrt upgrade alone does seem to be more a happy medium to me, where I do get that increased treble quality which I want, but without basically killing a pair of sierra 1.

Has anyone here ever upgraded from s1 to s2 and regretted it from that standpoint?
    I have gone from S1's to S2's. No regrets whatsoever.

That said, the Sierra-2 is now discontinued.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post

That said, the Sierra-2 is now discontinued.
    I think S2’s are the best bang for the buck in the used market. Prices are incredible bargains, and especially so if there is a subwoofer in the system to fill out the low end. I went from an S1 to S2 as well. No regrets at all.

I’m waiting to hear if there is significant benefit of an LX in the presence of a subwoofer aside from the wider dispersion. I’m still trying to figure out whether S2EX sounds significantly better than my S2 in the presence of dual subwoofers on my home system.
    Last edited by bkdc; 05-18-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Should we presume you are referring to a potential future LX upgrade? ie the LX upgrade kits haven't rolled out yet afaik?

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Should we presume you are referring to a potential future LX upgrade? ie the LX upgrade kits haven't rolled out yet afaik?
    If you are referring to SunByrne's post where he states that his old cherry cabinets are now LX's, I believe he ordered a pair of LX's and then did a component swap from the new cabinets to his old cherry finish ones.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thumbs up Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    If you are referring to SunByrne's post where he states that his old cherry cabinets are now LX's, I believe he ordered a pair of LX's and then did a component swap from the new cabinets to his old cherry finish ones.
    Ed is correct...see HERE!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Yes, that's exactly right, I bought a pair of LXs in satin dark cherry and then swapped the internals with my EXs, which were housed in my ~2010 cabinets, which are that light cherry gloss.

LX upgrade kits are now listed on the main site, but I don't know if anyone has actually received one yet.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post

LX upgrade kits are now listed on the main site, but I don't know if anyone has actually received one yet.
    Where are the LX upgrade kits listed?

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    I have the same question. I don't see it.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/upgrades

I got to it from the main site by going though the Purchase dropdown and selecting Buy Ascend Now, and then there was a main link at the very top for the New LX series.

Purchase > Buy Ascend Now > New! The Sierra-LX

EDIT: To clarify, the above was within the forums here which seems to reside on the old website. If you just go to https://ascendacoustics.com/ you will be on the new site and can simply find them in the Speakers dropdown at the top which then has a Speaker Upgrades option.

I believe the confusion lies with many of us here on the forums being on the old site.
    Last edited by D33vious; 05-19-2022 at 01:27 PM.