Quote Originally Posted by Lupan View Post
Hi Dave,

Can I get an idea when purchasing Sierra LX, how does including NFS measurement for both speakers do to improve the sound? These are additional $500 just for some measurements (like ensuring speaker matching pair?).

Do they actually have a big sound difference whether i choose without NFS measurements or with 2x NFS for the additional $500.

Thanks, may be good to include some descriptives for the potential buyers who may not know how does choosing NFS measurements here actually benefit the buyer in terms of actual sound performance.

My impression is I will just be getting some paper graphs telling me the pair is tested to be a matched pair although there may be no discernible sound difference.

What do most of you guys order anyway, without NFS vs with NFS?

Thanks for the reply
Hi Lupan,

muaddib is 100% correct. Ordering the NFS measurements will not, in any way, change or improve performance of the speakers.

The NFS is the most advanced loudspeaker measurement device currently available (very few companies have one) It takes approx 6 hours to properly measure an LX speaker. If someone orders the measurements, we take the measurements of that customer's speakers and email them a digital file with the results. We also keep this information in a database.

Presently, to get a speaker measured by the NFS here in the US, there is only one company offering this, Warkwyn, and the costs range from about $1200 - $2000 per speaker (depending on which measurements are requested)

It is a unique option to offer, especially since no other loudspeaker company offers this