Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks so much for placing your order with us! You are going to really enjoy the LX. And, at a seating distance of 6 feet, you will only need about 50 watts of power into each LX to hit 100dB. You have plenty of power
    Glad to hear, very excited to receive them, around 85dB is pretty much my threshold....thanks much Dave! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Glad to hear, very excited to receive them, around 85dB is pretty much my threshold....thanks much Dave! :-D
    My pleasure! To reach 85dB peaks at your listening distance, you would be using less than 10 watts of power...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My quick, hour 1 impressions with familiar songs compared to my Revel M106's.

Smilk- Last Rainforest: sound stage is wider and imaging felt more precise, I would need to listen to the Revels again.

Fink- Trouble's what you're in: Bass line is much more satisfying compared to the M106.

Bjork- Hollow (16 bit remix): you still need subs for the first 1 min of this, but still impressive for a bookshelf.

There is more detail and energy in the treble but not in any offensive way I've noticed so far. The bass improvement is easy, I'll need more time to flesh out the midrange differences.

Ran them in pure direct mode off my Denon 3800h to an Emotiva BasX 3, source is tidal through a Wiim Pro Plus.

Edit: it's day two and I've ran Audyessy and set the crossover to 60hz. My two favorite aspects of the LX now compared to the Revels is the improved imaging and that they just have a sound presence of a larger speaker despite being very similar in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt34 View Post
    My quick, hour 1 impressions with familiar songs compared to my Revel M106's.

Smilk- Last Rainforest: sound stage is wider and imaging felt more precise, I would need to listen to the Revels again.

Fink- Trouble's what you're in: Bass line is much more satisfying compared to the M106.

Bjork- Hollow (16 bit remix): you still need subs for the first 1 min of this, but still impressive for a bookshelf.

There is more detail and energy in the treble but not in any offensive way I've noticed so far. The bass improvement is easy, I'll need more time to flesh out the midrange differences.

Ran them in pure direct mode off my Denon 3800h to an Emotiva BasX 3, source is tidal through a Wiim Pro Plus.

Edit: it's day two and I've ran Audyessy and set the crossover to 60hz. My two favorite aspects of the LX now compared to the Revels is the improved imaging and that they just have a sound presence of a larger speaker despite being very similar in size.
    Very much appreciate your feedback and I am happy you are enjoying the LX!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Received my LX on 3/25, I have been switching the LX back and forth between the Polk R200 and the Axiom M22Ti(been using it for 20 years now). In the very beginning the top end from LX was way too laid back, and being perceived as lacking in detail, and almost seemed muted when I compared it to the R200, and M22Ti (Titanium tweeters). I had the LX from PC>Topping D10S>NC252MP initially. The REW measurement showed the LX has plenty of detail though, just that for the longest time I was used to the elevated 10Khz~20Khz range from the Titanium tweeters. lol

On 2nd day I used the Denon X1800h as a preamp in place of the Topping 10Ds DAC, from PC >X1800h>NC252MP and turned on the SVS sub, once I ran the Audyssey, and adjusted a few settings, the LX woke up immediately, as if I removed a wet towel draped over the speakers, it was a night and day difference, a lot more detail in the mid and up top, and a hell lot meatier and punchier down low with the addition of SVS sub. I had to measure and tune the setting many times to get it to where I was happy with the result in my office.

Instrument separation is very good, mid range is buttery smooth, both male and female vocals are fuller, rounder, a bit warmer, and sound more natural and realistic. Vocals are not as dry as R200 and M22Ti, I have been comparing them for about 5 days now. The LX have plenty of zing and snap from Hi-hat and Cymbals without sounding shrill, metallic, or edgy. LX’s imaging is more precise, and also has deeper and higher sound stage as well.

Bass extension from these LX without a sub is very good in my small office, it’s even more unreal in a much bigger living room, the LX went down to 30hz then roll off smoothly. Running LX alone probably would be fine and sufficed for a lot of other people, but I ain't other people, I’m a bass head and I always need a good amount of bass energy that would cover down to single digit Hz for movies and games that I could feel, even at moderate listening volume. There's simply no replacement for displacement, I will always run subs even when i get around to buy the ELX towers in the future.

Sensitivity:
    I measured the R200 about 4dB higher than LX at the exact same gain level; But since I usually only listen to music at around 75~80dB, and around 85dB for movies and games. Sensitivity isn't a real concern for me, but if you need to play them at concert level, the LX could handle a ton more power if necessary, 350~500W.

What I like about the LX:
    -It's textbook linear in my room
    -Silky smooth top range between 10Khz~20Khz, LX is VERY detail and respond well from Audyssey, I can listen to music, play games, and watch movies at higher dB level for much longer period of time without getting fatigue.
    -Deeper and bigger soundstage
    -Bass extension between 80 to 30hz is unbelievable coming from bookshelf at this size
    -The bamboo cabinet feel a lot more dense and solid, build like a tank and very high quality construction
    -Minimalist binding post
    -Very good imaging
    -Good sonic improvement over the R200 and M22Ti for me, in my application
    -Great support from Dave and his team, super fast shipping

Subjectively speaking, these Titan dome tweeters are detail enough for me, I do not know what RAAL tweeters sound like so I have no idea what I'm missing out, if any. But so far I'm happy with the LX.

RAAL has very wide horizontal dispersion but narrower in vertical. Very crispy and fast and without any fatiguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Subjectively speaking, these Titan dome tweeters are detail enough for me, I do not know what RAAL tweeters sound like so I have no idea what I'm missing out, if any. But so far I'm happy with the LX.
    Depending on what you're listening to, you might be missing very little. I own both the LX and the EXv2 and I generally prefer the LX, but there are a few places where the EXs do shine, and the RAALs are the reason. It's mostly noticeable in acoustic music, particularly violins when they play up high and flutes. There's more "air" with the RAALs and the transients are a little snappier. Honestly the difference isn't that large and I think for most music the advantages of the LX outweigh this, but if were looking for a pair of speakers primarily for acoustic music, then I'd get the EXs. For pure classical I'd take the EX.

Even that is a little dependent on a sub—the bass extension and clarity is better for the LX, but if you're running a good sub that's much less of a factor. Even with a sub, the midbass on the LX is much more visceral, so if you want that slam the LX is the way to go.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.