Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 90919293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by High Fidelity View Post
    I set the LX to small with both a 80Hz and 100Hz crossover and the sound I was experiencing did reduce quite a bit.

As far as subwoofers, purchasing two, which would be very beneficial in a room of my size, almost necessary, itÂ’s not something I would be able to do for some time.

It sounds like multiple subs are likely required and then after that is done perhaps even room treatments if you are still not quite happy with the results. The good news about having a sealed square shaped room, the bass is easy to figure in advance from WeltiÂ’s research.

I looked at the excel spreadsheets and it looks like you can very good results with 2 or 4 subwoofers, but it largely depends on your seating placement. Two subs can be very good with some seating locations and not so good with others. With some seating locations 4 subs are required to get good results. In any case since the room is quite small, a subwoofer like the most inexpensive sealed Rythmik would be more than enough as far as output goes. You would be at about the budget of the Sierra LXÂ’s for a pair of them. This would require you moving your seat possibly to get good bass response from just two subs though.

Check out the following AV Rant episode where they interview Todd Welti. He goes though at the end how to use the excel documents, from his Matlab simulations.

https://youtu.be/BZtRNVG078A

Welti was kind enough to send me the excel documents to look though to predict the best seating location for a range of room sizes, seating locations and subwoofer configurations, so that you can make a really good choice of subs to get a nice even response, depending on where you want your seats. Otherwise you need to pay for access to a journal. It only takes about 15 minutes to look though and make a good choice.

You can try stuffing the ports and see if you like it or not. Or run high pass on them. Not sure if your denon have adjustable eq , if it does it should help tame the problematic frequency but you new rew to figure the frequency.

Are most of you using room EQ with the LX? Room treatments?

I’ve had the S1, S2EX, now the LX and I’ve always just used pure direct or stereo.
    Last edited by High Fidelity; 09-20-2022 at 01:32 PM.

I use eq for my subs. The LX at 55hz has 6 db over the EX, it will excite the room a lot more.
    Last edited by RicardoJoa; 09-21-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtrimble View Post
    Any update on the LX upgrade for the Towers Dave?
    Sorry I missed this. I will start a new thread discussing this when things have been finalized and we have an estimate on product availability.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just found out about the LX and 2EX V2 today and these sound like they fit what I'm looking for. I've been eyeing the 2EX for over a year now as the Kef Q-series speakers I'm replacing weren't doing it for me. I'm planning on using these for my L/R for a 60% HT / 40% Music setup. My main genre of music is EDM and with the HT usage, the LX definitely seem like the better choice for me. I'd be pairing these with a HSU VTF-3 MK5 sub.

Over the past year, I've been checking the 2EX store page frequently and would see sales during holidays and get so tempted to complete checkout each time. Are there any plans for any sales with the LX with the upcoming holidays or on Black Friday? I'm kinda bummed I found I about these so late and missed out on the pre-order pricing.

Would the Horizen center with the RaaL tweeter be the best match for the LX? Is there a Piano Black option to match the L/R LX?

What are the recommendations for surround speakers to use in a 5.1 setup that would match up well? Hopefully looking for a lower cost option ($300-$500) rather than getting a 2nd pair of LX.

TIA!

The Horizon is, IMO, the best center speaker from Ascend (and probably alot of other manufacturers). I upgraded to it around a year ago and it is excellent - dialog and movies in general are much better. I don't think it comes in Piano Black - you should reach out to Dave/Dina to see if that finish is available as a custom option.

For surrounds in your price range, either the HTM200 or the CBM170s would be options. I'd suggest the HTM's as they aren't ported so could mount on a wall if needed. Before I upgraded to the Towers, I was using HTMs (with S2 in the front) as surrounds and it was seamless. I moved the S2's to surround and the HTMs to my office. Still using HTMs as ATMOS speakers in my main room.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Will the Horizon be offered with the LX tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    The Horizon is, IMO, the best center speaker from Ascend (and probably alot of other manufacturers). I upgraded to it around a year ago and it is excellent - dialog and movies in general are much better. I don't think it comes in Piano Black - you should reach out to Dave/Dina to see if that finish is available as a custom option.

For surrounds in your price range, either the HTM200 or the CBM170s would be options. I'd suggest the HTM's as they aren't ported so could mount on a wall if needed. Before I upgraded to the Towers, I was using HTMs (with S2 in the front) as surrounds and it was seamless. I moved the S2's to surround and the HTMs to my office. Still using HTMs as ATMOS speakers in my main room.
    I agree that the HTM 200s or CBM 170s are excellent low cost surround options. I have the HTM 200s for this purpose in two rooms, and I am very happy with how they match my Sierra 2s in one of the rooms.

I would add that the decision should be based on whether or not you plan to wall mount them. I’d go with the HTM 200s if you plan to wall mount. If not then go with the CBM 170s. The reason being is that the HTM 200s are sealed and small, so if they are not wall mounted you likely won’t be able to get an 80 Hz crossover, it would be more like 100 to 120Hz.
    Last edited by N Boros; 10-01-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Sorry I missed this. I will start a new thread discussing this when things have been finalized and we have an estimate on product availability.

Thanks!
    Wow, this means we will be able to put the LX woofers in our towers?! Will this only apply to the Ribbon tower or the NRT tower as well?