I have been playing with my S2EX for a while, but still cannot get the mid/upperbass fullness I have been searching for. First problem is my room. It's 15x22 and the LP is along the long wall, and the L+R are stuck to less than 2 ft out from the opposite wall and only about 5 ft apart. Sorry, but this is what I am stuck with at the moment due to room and WAF, and cannot add any room enhancements, but there IS a huge sectional that is super absorbing.
I have a older Legacy sub with dual 15's, and it still plays good, but only up to about 60Hz or so. I have a Denon 4700 that allows 2 subs, so i have been experimenting with an old cheapo sub that I had, setting the xover at 90Hz for this one, and about 60 for the Legacy sub, this helped tremendously to fill in the upper bass. It seems that going even higher would help more, but this sub gets nasty above about 90. Running Audessy is worthless, as it always sets fronts to large, and wont account for the subs (maybe im doing something wrong?) and when i try to bump the 125 range on the graphic eq, the EXs cant handle it and get all muddy. I have tried a separate 300WPC amp for the L+R, which helped just a little to get more fullness, but not much.

So, I'm questioning which sub will better mate with the EXs? The L22, or the F8 (Not sure what the FM8 difference is?), thinking the F8 could be used for upper bass, with my old Legacy handling the lows. Or is there a better option? I do realize that the upper bass is directional, but that's a secondary concern behind smoothing out the room response. Want to keep it under $1000.
Thanks