Thread: Online music streaming options

Default Online music streaming options

I’m setting up a stereo room for my Ascends. Will listen to some CDs but the majority of my listening will be streaming. Need amp and streaming device. The inexpensive option is a cheap stereo amp with Airplay. A more expensive option is something like the Bluesound Node and a Topping PA5 amp. So go with cheaper solution, because the human ear cannot tell the difference between the different music streaming resolutions like HD and HD Ultra, or go with a more expensive solution? The difference is $500 vs $1000. Thanks.

Default Re: Online music streaming options

I have setup a inexpensive t-amp before with bluetooth for my girlfriend a couple years ago and she was very happy! She was using Spotify.

Now that she lives with me, she's learned how to use my system and Roon.

If I were to setup a two-channel system, this would be high on my list to try, but it is out of your price range.
    https://www.minidsp.com/products/str...ries/shd-power
    Last edited by curtis; 12-14-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    -curtis

BTW, HD and HD Ultra are marketing terms. There is no real technical definition between the two.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    BTW, HD and HD Ultra are marketing terms. There is no real technical definition between the two.
    Thanks for the streamer suggestion. More than I want to spend. Should have stated lossy vs lossless as opposed to HD and Ultra HD, which Amazon uses. I tried using Heos with my Denon in my HT room. It was awful. 100% unusable.

Awful how? I use it for everything Spotify music might be a smidge fickle but in my case it's the service provider modem not being Uber fast. I'm anxiously awaiting for them to go lossless....all the aforementioned programs cost significantly more and I've demoed them on a trial bases...money in my pocket.
    Last edited by billy p; 12-14-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Awful how? I use it for everything Spotify music might be a smidge fickle but in my case it's the service provider modem not being Uber fast. I'm anxiously awaiting for them to go lossless....all the aforementioned programs cost significantly more and I've demoed them on a trial bases...money in my pocket.
    The Amazon Music app is useless. No access to saved playlists. While Spotify is listed as a Heos app, my understanding it’s not really a Heos app. It’s the same as Spotify Connect, which can be accessed without Heos.

Quote Originally Posted by ahender View Post
    The Amazon Music app is useless. No access to saved playlists. While Spotify is listed as a Heos app, my understanding it’s not really a Heos app. It’s the same as Spotify Connect, which can be accessed without Heos.
    Well I've downloaded larger or complex files form my computer onto a USB(selected) in the form of playlists for moods, albums and over 1.5k titles to use with Heos...works great...but hay if you don't like it...you don't but it's not useless...lol
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Concerning online music streaming service provider, I have been using Qobuz for the past two years with good result. I ran Tidal and Qobuz together for few months, Qobuz is same or in some tracks, better, so I end up dropping Tidal and keep just Qobuz.

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post
    Concerning online music streaming service provider, I have been using Qobuz for the past two years with good result. I ran Tidal and Qobuz together for few months, Qobuz is same or in some tracks, better, so I end up dropping Tidal and keep just Qobuz.
    Thanks. After I set up my stereo room, I’ll try Qobuz.