Thread: Sell Sierra 1s and purchse new 2EXs or buy 2EX upgrade kit?

Default Sell Sierra 1s and purchse new 2EXs or buy 2EX upgrade kit?

As the title states I am considering either selling my Sierra 1s and purchasing a new pair of 2EXs or upgrading my Sierra 1s with the 2EX upgrade kit.

Assuming I could get at least $400 for my excellent condition Sierra 1s, cost between the two options is close.

Not sure which way to go and would appreciate some feedback.

Default Re: Sell Sierra 1s and purchse new 2EXs or buy 2EX upgrade kit?

I’d probably do the upgrade if the current cabinets are in great shape if I didn’t need another pair of speakers for something else (eg surrounds, 2nd system, etc)

Thumbs up Re: Sell Sierra 1s and purchse new 2EXs or buy 2EX upgrade kit?

Quote Originally Posted by High Fidelity View Post
    As the title states I am considering either selling my Sierra 1s and purchasing a new pair of 2EXs or upgrading my Sierra 1s with the 2EX upgrade kit.

Assuming I could get at least $400 for my excellent condition Sierra 1s, cost between the two options is close.

Not sure which way to go and would appreciate some feedback.
    HF,

Hello and Welcome to the AA Forums!!

I was in a "similar boat" beginning of the year...upgrade my Sierra1-NrT's Or sell the NrT's and purchase the Sierra-2EX! I had them in a 2.1 dedicated stereo set up and didn't need two sets of Sierra monitors.

Well, I had no trouble getting $700 for the NrT's (a steal), then ordered New 2EX!! My only hesitancy by Not upgrading was due to thinking I wanted to keep the beautiful dark cherry piano finish of the NrT cabinets! Actually, my new "2EX Satin Dark Cherry" finish has much less glare issues (sound room has much natural light), allowing me to get into the music with less "Visual" distractions!!

Either way you go, you'll have a win/win situation!!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!