Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

Default Re: HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Morning Greg
    Not sure what the official name is here in Texas. I call it the den (sometimes family room). Lol

Got to thinking about your wife and the wall plates. She really shouldn’t complain - you could have run the wire across the ceiling, stapled to it, like I’ve seen others do. It’s all about perspective .��
    Morning Robert!
    Den! Forgot that one! The name says, 'Cozy' to me. Even more so, perhaps, then Great Room (which seems to be used here quite a bit in the midsouth. Growing up in Indy, Chicago, Milwaukee, and back to Indy in 1969, I think my parents generally called the main gathering room after entering the front door; the Living Room. In all of our homes growing up, we had a basement which was one of my favorite places. Here, outside Memphis, few basements exist because of the water table, I understand. We're 45 miles east. Not sure that even applies here. But; we do have the Bonus Room! That's where we shoot lots of 9 Ball! My beer refrigerator's reside on the landing before the final step up to the Pool Table! Works out real nice!
    But; I digress..

When we built this house in 2004, I asked that they run wires for rear speakers into the back wall. But; it wasn't until 2008 that I was ready for the speakers. In retrospect, I myself might have done the speaker install better like maybe installing the mounts directly over the wires. Oh well! It's been awhile,,, I might have already mounted the wire terminal plates beforehand. Anyway; what's done is done, and those plates are soon to be covered!
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-27-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD