Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

Default HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

Hi everyone! I just ordered a set of HTM-200 SE's that will replace my tried and true Mirage OmniSat rear channels. Ideally, what I would like to do is use my existing OmniMounts using only the single threaded bolt to screw into one of the holes already in place on the back of the HTM-200. Just not sure if that will be enough. The distance down to head location is about 3.5'. So; it be great to mount this way to allow me to angle the HTM-200's down somewhat. As you can see in my attached photos, I have the Mirage OmniSats firing down.
    Obviously, the beauty in using the existing OmniMounts is that no more drilling need occur, and the ability to angle the speakers down. Not to mention, the terminal plate will be covered (which my wife has never been a fan of lol )
    If a better option is to purchase heavy duty hanger-style mounts, I can certainly do that which would require removing the current hardware, including the wire terminal plate. However; I would lose the ability to adjust the downward angle. But; maybe with the HTM's, they would sound fine firing straight out, even at that height. I'm open to your thoughts.

I also run an identical Mirage OmniSat as my center channel which I plan to replace soon.
    For the past year, I have been the proud owner of a set of Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL Ribbons. 'Love 'em!
    Hopefully next year, I will upgrade my TV to a flat panel model to wall mount allowing room to add the Horizon center speaker. But; until that time comes, I am thinking about the CMT-340 SE for the center channel if it will get along with the RAAL tweeters in my towers. I play mostly 2 channel vinyl. But; I do have quite a few concert DVD 5.1 & Bluray, including movies. I appreciate all input!

(one thing, I would like to avoid when mounting the HTM's is drilling any holes in the backs)

Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-02-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

What are those brackets rated for in terms of weight. When I switched from my axiom q4s designed mounting bracket was for a single hole mounting speaker...in turn to the sealed nature of the 200se and weight concern...I used framing cable and hook rated for 50lbs.. I generally prefer overkill in a lot of my diy projects...lol.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Default Re: HTM-200 SE's ordered + possible rear mounting option, replacing Mirage OmniSat's

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    What are those brackets rated for in terms of weight. When I switched from my axiom q4s designed mounting bracket was for a single hole mounting speaker...in turn to the sealed nature of the 200se and weight concern...I used framing cable and hook rated for 50lbs.. I generally prefer overkill in a lot of my diy projects...lol.
    Looking back at the specs; 10 lbs. each.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    Looking back at the specs; 10 lbs. each.
    Thats a close call because the 200se will be at the limit weight requirement. I know in my situation the axiom single hole mount was solid steel...so... I punted because the 200se iirc..weren't designed for single hole application...the picture you saw which Curtis posted in that other thread uses a 2 bolt system... hopefully others can suggest alternative ideas...as previously mentioned I just mounted them on the wall...not ideal but my sofa is right against the back wall...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

For 200SE and 170SE, we have made a change on the threaded inserts with the next batch of cabinets which should be arriving to us in 4-6 weeks.

For the 170's, there is now a single 1/4-20 threaded insert.

170SE-inserts.jpg

For the 200's, there are dual 1/4-20 threaded inserts on opposite sides, which makes mounting vertically or horizontally much simpler.

200SE-inserts.jpg

For both speakers, wall mounting will now be much simpler.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    For 200SE and 170SE, we have made a change on the threaded inserts with the next batch of cabinets which should be arriving to us in 4-6 weeks.

For the 170's, there is now a single 1/4-20 threaded insert.

170SE-inserts.jpg

For the 200's, there are dual 1/4-20 threaded inserts on opposite sides, which makes mounting vertically or horizontally much simpler.

200SE-inserts.jpg

For both speakers, wall mounting will now be much simpler.
    Thank you, David!

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Thats a close call because the 200se will be at the limit weight requirement. I know in my situation the axiom single hole mount was solid steel...so... I punted because the 200se iirc..weren't designed for single hole application...the picture you saw which Curtis posted in that other thread uses a 2 bolt system... hopefully others can suggest alternative ideas...as previously mentioned I just mounted them on the wall...not ideal but my sofa is right against the back wall...
    Thanks for posting, Billy!
    As it stands, with the new cabinets curently being made, I have several weeks to ponder how will be best to mount the 200's. With the new single mounting points on either end, I've reached out to David to discuss this a bit further. Possibly keeping the existing OmniMount in place, with the 200's angled down and the bottom edge resting against the wall with small rubber bumpers would be a cool option if weight is not an issue. If David suggests a more flush (hanger-style) mount whereas I remove the OmniMounts and the wire terminal plate, I will address that. That would certainly be a clean looking installation with no wires exposed. As I mentioned, mounting a bracket on the back of the speaker where I must drill holes, isn't something I really want to do!! Lol! We'll see!

- Greg
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-03-2021 at 11:22 AM.

I found and ordered a set of 'Jumbl' 1/4" ball-style (Omni) mounts on Amazon that look identical to the Omnimounts I'm currently using for my Mirage rear channels. They are also 10lb. capacity. It looks like the ball in ball/shaft assembly is the same diameter as my Omnimounts. If it is, I should be good to go! I'll be checking this today.

- Greg

Update.... The new ball / 1/4" shafts are the perfect fit in my existing Omnimount brackets. However; the tightening bolt is at the bottom of the bracket, and when I tilt the speakers down, I won't be able to access the bolt to tighten it.
    But looking at the brackets, I don't see why I cannot take the brackets down, and remount them inverted to allow
    bolt access from the top. ( the template I made is the dimensions as the 200's - 11" x 6.5" )

- Greg
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-11-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Hello came here to ask this exact question about how to mount the 200 SE to the wall or ceiling.
    But I think wall-mounted would be safer.

Would use them for ATMOS/Heigh.

Outlaw Cajon, Im not sure how those metal mounts are only rated for 10lbs

Did you see the monoprice low profile mounts rated for 22lb https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11410

I only dont like they are made of plastic, but I think with 30-40lb drywall anchors should be solid.

Do you have your mounted on the studs?

Sorry if I missed how high are your mounts from the floor and what size is your room?

mine is 13' x 13' x 9' ceiling

Flyer - some suggestions based on posts in this forum or from my own experience.

Ceiling mount - speakers facing downwards
    1. run studs from the two inserts on the HTM through the ceiling and secure from top/attic side, assuming you have access. There is a post somewhere in this forum about that.
    2. eye bolts in both inserts (assuming you can find one with the same threading) and then "hook" bolts into the ceiling to hang the speaker.

Wall Mount
    1. With the old cabinets where the holes were closer together, I used the screws which came with the speakers and wrapped picture hanging wire around both, then hung the speaker on a Ook picture hanger secured to the wall. With the new cabinets, I think this could still work although would need to hang the speakers horizontally instead of vertically
    2. Side clamping speaker wall mounts (example in link below). I use this style now for my heights..probably same as in the link but different marketer. My speakers are mounted vertically (angled down) but I believe the jaws open enough to mount the HTMs horizontally.

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Cla...5-56d755c862ba