Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
I agree with you, Pogre. I'd rather have my sub working than not. On the other hand, I listen to at at least 95% music and no pipe organ music. The sub is nice for the occasional movie. There is an equalizer in Apple Music with many settings. I've been trying them out and the Increase Bass setting gives a +6 dB boost to the lowest frequency range and it sounds really good. There is plenty of deep bass. My purpose in this post was/is to express my extreme happiness with sound quality of the Towers.
I'm mostly music and super happy with my towers too, but I do prefer the subtle difference my subs make even with music that doesn't dig overly deep. I have them dialed in really tight and they add just a little bit more depth and weight to stuff like bass guitars, kick drums and lower tuned toms. "Hotel California" off the Eagles' "Hell Freezes Over" live disc is one of my favorites for showing off my system. There's a very deep tom in that version and it really wakes up and adds depth to the song when the subs are on. Bands like TOOL, Soen and Porcupine Tree that have some decent bass, even if not real deep, just seem bigger and fuller.

Admittedly sometimes it's not always easy to tell the difference tho, and the towers really do make a good showing even when my subs are off. It doesn't hurt either that I have a MiniDSP for my subs and have a lot more eq control over their fr than the towers.