Thread: Question for Ascend/Hsu system owners

Default Question for Ascend/Hsu system owners

If you purchased the Ascend/Hsu package through Ascend, did you receive the bass test disc that Hsu Research sends out? I read on the Hsu forum that the discs are only sent for factory direct orders... and that users purchasing Hsu through other dealers would need to pay $5 s/h to get the disc.

Thanks,

Jim

I bought an Ascend/Hsu STF3 system, which is great. But no, no cd. Somewhere on Hsu's forum they say the cd is only with factory direct orders, and, I believe, only with the VTF-3.

So yes, you have to buy the cd, but I haven't found anyplace on Hsu's site where I can order the darn thing!

When you buy from Hsu...the discs only come with the VTF and TN subs. If you want the disc, you need to call them...it is just $5 I think.

I don't know if the VTF's from Ascend have the disc.
    -curtis

Mine didn't, Curtis.
    - EVH III

Mine did. I got one of the first VTF3MkII. I had it ordered for a month or so before it was released. Thinking this unit was direct shipped so it came with the disc. Kinda tricky finding it as it was stuck in with the shipping invoice on the outside of the box.

Randy

Mines didn't come with the CD at first. But it was one of the items I asked David F specifically about before I put in my order for the 5.1 system with the VTF3-MKII. So he sent me one later.

Mine came with one (2+ years ago), but I think I was in the same situation as Randy - Ascend didn't have any in stock so they had Hsu ship one to me.

Mine did, November 2003. The VTF-2 came from Hsu, even though I ordered from Ascend (170s then, 340s this year).

Pegleg

No. But if it makes any difference, I ordered the DVE and Avia home theater disks to calibrate home theater sound.

You can download the test tones and burn them to cd.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/mp3/