Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone good with Dirac? I'm having a heckuva time getting it to work.

Default Re: Anyone good with Dirac? I'm having a heckuva time getting it to work.

I have used Dirac and currently use Anthem's ARC/Genesis.

For each, I only did/do correction below about 400hz or so, and in my room they made noticeable improvements. Doing the room correction above that range it started to sound artificial to me.

That said, room correction, IMO, is a must have...with and without room treatments. I am very happy to see Dirac starting to be offered in equipment at lower price points.

BTW...for Dirac, it is important to note that the full version gets you much more "tuneability", but that usually isn't included when you buy the pre/pro.
    -curtis

Default Re: Anyone good with Dirac? I'm having a heckuva time getting it to work.

Certainly not trying to hijack this thread with my comment - although I do want to thank racrawford65 for the advice.
    Yamaha A-S2200 Integrated Amp, Sierra EXL Towers (RAAL), Node Streamer, Bifrost 2 DAC, Old Ears

You're welcome, rickm. Robert

Some of the folks in the community expressed interest in seeing the measurements. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, so I'm going to do my best to post these in a sensible order.

Here is the left speaker with no EQ, as measured by Dirac:

Left Speaker No EQ.png

Right Speaker with no EQ:

Right Speaker No EQ.png

Left Speaker after Dirac:

Left Speaker Post Dirac.png

Right speaker after Dirac:

Right Speaker Posr Dirac.png

No idea what these are:

No Idea.png
    Left Speaker No Idea.png
    Right Speaker No Idea.png

Do you have any actual "after" sweeps? I'm not familiar with Dirac, but the after charts you posted look like predicted responses and not actual. Plus I was a little more focused on your bass fr with your sub(s), not your main speakers since you mentioned it seemed thin.