Quote Originally Posted by PersonalTriumph View Post
Ya know, the more research I do, the more I come to the conclusion that the difference between one amp and another can be summed up in one word: "marketing". So, I do think I'm going to save my shekels and stand pat with the Yammy.

I ran Dirac on the system yesterday (my "adventures" with this are documented in another thread...what a PITA...) And when all was said and done, I felt like Dirac took all the life and energy out of my system. Maybe I just like a more lively, bright, exciting sound...
Smart man. And yes, it's more about fluff marketing than actual audible performance. There is something to be said about beautiful build quality and pride of ownership for sure, just know what it is you're paying for. That said, I really love the look of Mac gear. If money were no object I'd prolly own one. As it is bang for buck I'm happy with my Mono 7.

Maybe I'll dip into your thread later. Do you have some fr sweeps we can look at? I saw the thread title but I don't have any experience with Dirac so don't know if I can offer you much. I do know it's pretty advanced and considered one of the best req programs available. I use MultEQ XT32 and a MiniDSP 2x4 HD with great results, but I'd really like to try Dirac sometime. I've read good things about it.