View Poll Results: do you use your television speakers?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, sometimes

13 52.00%
  • never

12 48.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you use your television speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    SpongeBob in DPLIIx is pretty interesting.
    Interesting...yes...

Red face

Dave N:

Get a programmable universal remote that does macros for the unitiated.

I have one macro that turns everything on.

Another macro that first changes my cable box to the smooth jazz station....then turns off the plasma......then changes the surround sound mode to disable the center channel.......then increase the volume up twenty notches.

Another macro is set up for my visiting children use of an Xbox. It changes the input of the TV to one of the component inputs..........changes the surround processor to its proper input.

I set up another macro that reverses the Xbox use back to cable viewing.

Similar macros for DVD player use and it's reversal back to cable viewing.

Didn't bother with VCR macros nor switching to CD player mode. Don't use the VCR often and CD listening is usually when no one else is around.

Works great with kids and new girlfriends....

I use a Universal Remote Control MX500 (not sure if I'm using the right name) but if buying now would buy the MX700. One of the best electronics purchases you'll ever make.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    Dave N:

I use a Universal Remote Control MX500 (not sure if I'm using the right name) but if buying now would buy the MX700. One of the best electronics purchases you'll ever make.
    Amen! I have had an mx-500 for a few years and I just got a mx-700. I am still working on programming the 700. It makes life sooooo much easier for me and my wife.

Derek

I don't even have an audio signal going to my TV, so don't even know if the TV speakers work! Satellite, DVD, VHS, & CD audio and video all go into the Onkyo and one video signal goes to TV. Sound of course, goes to Ascends/Hsu.

With speakers that good, I can't imagine wanting to listen to anything on the TV speakers! But then, 90+% of our TV watching is movies. We rarely watch network TV (too many commercials!), not even the news.

Have not used them since I got the TV. Though I did find that they don't use very good shielding. Put up the convergence grid one day, and took out a speaker. That made some foul looking results. I'm tempted to take them all out and see if I can actually converge the set at all.
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC