Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFS Luna / Duo Follow up

Default Re: NFS Luna / Duo Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by D33vious View Post
    Hi Dave,

Would you say the same applies to the Luna Duo that I believe you also worked on for Robert? Would you say that calling it a V1.95 (as previously described to me) is a fair assessment of the Duo you previously modified, as well as his Lunas?
    Yes... Same for everyone else too, for whom we have shipped Luna's and/or Duo's in the past year.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes... Same for everyone else too, for whom we have shipped Luna's and/or Duo's in the past year.
    Dave,

Thanks again for your help and transparency for the Duo & Luna improvements. One shipping/packing suggestion that I'd like to make would be to implement a cloth bag approach similar to the ones used on the Sierra 2 EXs. It made the unboxing/boxing process so much easier. It would also make the Luna V2s and Duo V2s feel more like a premium product as they also sport the RAAL ribbons. I had a slight issue repackaging some of my Lunas and also on the Duo as the plastic bag starts to wear over time and tear. The cloth bags always seemed to hold up better over time. Just a future thought for when the official relaunch occurs!

Thanks,

Robert
    Last edited by Robert; 01-17-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Dave,

Thanks again for your help and transparency for the Duo & Luna improvements. One shipping/packing suggestion that I'd like to make would be to implement a cloth bag approach similar to the ones used on the Sierra 2 EXs. It made the unboxing/boxing process so much easier. It would also make the Luna V2s and Duo V2s feel more like a premium product as they also sport the RAAL ribbons. I had a slight issue repackaging some of my Lunas and also on the Duo as the plastic bag starts to wear over time and tear. The cloth bags always seemed to hold up better over time. Just a future thought for when the official relaunch occurs!

Thanks,

Robert
    We actually looked into this but obtaining custom sized cotton/cloth bags in the US is, unfortunately, impossible. The prices we were quoted would significantly impact retail pricing.

As it currently stands, we are now being forced to investigate obtaining our packaging materials for our domestic made goods from overseas. We are paying over 3 times for cardboard and 4x for EPE foam compared to a year ago using our local packaging companies.

It has gotten so crazy that one of these companies just shut their doors permanently, and in doing so - disposed of all of our plates used for the artwork, which are quite expensive and legally belonged to us.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

We actually looked into this but obtaining custom sized cotton/cloth bags in the US is, unfortunately, impossible. The prices we were quoted would significantly impact retail pricing.

As it currently stands, we are now being forced to investigate obtaining our packaging materials for our domestic made goods from overseas. We are paying over 3 times for cardboard and 4x for EPE foam compared to a year ago using our local packaging companies.

It has gotten so crazy that one of these companies just shut their doors permanently, and in doing so - disposed of all of our plates used for the artwork, which are quite expensive and legally belonged to us.
    Good to know! Thanks for the info. I sort of figured that it was something you probably looked into at some point. Sorry to hear about the challenges you’re facing with the supply chains. It’s definitely no picnic out there that’s for sure. Is this the worst you’ve seen in the 23 years of Ascend?

Thanks again for making great products. The Sierra RAAL towers effectively cured me of a constant desire to upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    It’s definitely no picnic out there that’s for sure. Is this the worst you’ve seen in the 23 years of Ascend?
    This is the worst I have seen in my now 38 years in this industry. Of course, the issues small businesses face right now are not just in this industry, it seems to be all industries except for big pharm.

Thanks again for making great products. The Sierra RAAL towers effectively cured me of a constant desire to upgrade!
    So happy to hear that!! Thank you!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

This is the worst I have seen in my now 38 years in this industry. Of course, the issues small businesses face right now are not just in this industry, it seems to be all industries except for big pharm.

So happy to hear that!! Thank you!
    It might be helpful for others reading this thread to see what specifically version 2 does to fix the issue that was discovered in version 1. The other long thread discusses this, but I didn’t see it mentioned here.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...Horizon/page15

I am happy to report that LunaV2 and DuoV2 kits are now available for purchase. We expect to start shipping these out by this coming Monday (May 23rd).

We have priced these kits to cover the costs of the components and shipping, there is no profit so please get your orders in quickly before we change our minds

https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/upgrades

Remember, you will need 1 kit per speaker.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    It might be helpful for others reading this thread to see what specifically version 2 does to fix the issue that was discovered in version 1. The other long thread discusses this, but I didn’t see it mentioned here.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...Horizon/page15
    Sweet. Very smooth checkout process, especially appreciate the Apple Pay option.

Can’t wait to get the kit.
    Last edited by John Galt; 05-18-2022 at 06:12 AM.
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

I am happy to report that LunaV2 and DuoV2 kits are now available for purchase. We expect to start shipping these out by this coming Monday (May 23rd).

We have priced these kits to cover the costs of the components and shipping, there is no profit so please get your orders in quickly before we change our minds

https://ascendacoustics.com/collections/upgrades

Remember, you will need 1 kit per speaker.
    Thank you for the generous pricing!

Ordered immediately. Can't wait to hear how the HT sounds with those in!
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

The new V2 version is cleaner and warmer sounding, with slightly deeper bass extension and improved directivity.
    I completed the upgrade on my Duo’s last night and can report that the improvements are everything that Dave said and more. I first upgraded one speaker, then set them up to do an A/B comparison. The improvement was astonishing! What stood out to me was the huge increase in clarity both in the midrange and the high end. On some tracks, the high hat, cymbals, and acoustic guitar string squeaks were barely audible through the original speaker but were crystal clear through the upgraded one. I also thought the bass was more defined and clearly improved. Thank you, Dave, for working some magic with this upgrade! I really didn’t expect the improvement to be so dramatic. And for the price, the upgrade is absolutely a no- brainer.