Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: NFS Luna / Duo Follow up

Default Re: NFS Luna / Duo Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean swapping the RAAL ribbon in the Duo for the Titan dome that is used in the LX?
    No, I mean the woofers of the LX. Or just make a center with the LX woofers.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    No, I mean the woofers of the LX. Or just make a center with the LX woofers.
    I'm confused by this. First, the LX woofers are way too big to fit in the Luna/Duo enclosure. Second—and please correct me if I'm wrong, Dave—even if they would fit, you wouldn't want to use them with the RAAL tweeters. The RAAL tweeters have to be crossed over much higher than the Titan domes, and the LX woofers are not designed to go that high.

Now, what would be interesting is a new Luna/Duo using the Titan tweeter and a new woofer that's more along the lines of the LX woofer. And a Horizon using the Titan and the LX woofer. I strongly suspect Dave is hard at work thinking about such things.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    I'm confused by this. First, the LX woofers are way too big to fit in the Luna/Duo enclosure. Second—and please correct me if I'm wrong, Dave—even if they would fit, you wouldn't want to use them with the RAAL tweeters. The RAAL tweeters have to be crossed over much higher than the Titan domes, and the LX woofers are not designed to go that high.

Now, what would be interesting is a new Luna/Duo using the Titan tweeter and a new woofer that's more along the lines of the LX woofer. And a Horizon using the Titan and the LX woofer. I strongly suspect Dave is hard at work thinking about such things.
    It's exactly what I mean. They're talking about upgrading the tower with the LX woofers so I'm suggesting either a DUO upgrade or a new center all together with the LX parts. For now as it is I would get the LX Center. The Center, IMO, needs to be the biggest, baddest speaker for home theater. It needs to be a full range speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    It's exactly what I mean. They're talking about upgrading the tower with the LX woofers so I'm suggesting either a DUO upgrade or a new center all together with the LX parts. For now as it is I would get the LX Center. The Center, IMO, needs to be the biggest, baddest speaker for home theater. It needs to be a full range speaker.
    Yes..it's called the Horizon....and currently in production. Any drivers you might add to all the others CC...will still not equate to the full range 3 way capability of the STC. And let's not forget those titan units in the STC or tower lineup will maintain that gap
    Last edited by billy p; 08-10-2022 at 06:59 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Correct, physically impossible to fit our LX woofers in a duo cabinet, the absolute minimum size would be (2) Sierra-LX cabinets positioned next to each other horizontally. The RAAL in the Luna and Duo can not be used with the LX woofers, it would require a 3-way design, or using the RAAL from the Tower / Horizon which can be crossed low enough to use with the LX woofers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Yes..it's called the Horizon....and currently in production. Any drivers you might add to all the others CC...will still not equate to the full range 3 way capability of the STC. And let's not forget those titan units in the STC or tower lineup will maintain that gap
    We'll see how the LX center compares to the Horizon. That comparison has to be made and not just with analytics.

When installing the Duo V2 upgrade, several people were confused when installing the foam plugs. Does anyone have an image they can post of how this looks when properly installed? Thanks.
    Last edited by ahender; 11-10-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahender View Post
    When installing the Duo V2 upgrade, several people were confused when installing the foam plugs. Does anyone have an image they can post of how this looks when properly installed? Thanks.
    @ahender, here you go:

https://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sh...9505#post69505

https://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sh...9500#post69500
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

Thank you very much!