Thread: Big Price Increases For The Competition

Default Big Price Increases For The Competition

Specifically SVS currently. As of October 4th they have some significant price increases across the board, some as high as $400 more for some of their flagship products! A pair of Ultra towers went up by $600! I'm afraid they're only the first of many to come before too long. A lot of electronics have been taking heavy hits too.

How is Ascend Acoustics holding up so far? Is this just the start with many others to soon follow suit?

Default Re: Big Price Increases For The Competition

Price increases are normal and to be expected. It is rather remarkable that Dave has been able to keep prices where they are. If you look at the prices of the core products..... CBM-170, CMT-340, etc. they really have not increased significantly since they were new to the market.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Price increases are normal and to be expected. It is rather remarkable that Dave has been able to keep prices where they are. If you look at the prices of the core products..... CBM-170, CMT-340, etc. they really have not increased significantly since they were new to the market.
    Oh yes, agreed. Price increases and inflation in general are just the nature of the beast, but these are some pretty drastic bumps at +$600 for a pair of towers and +$400 for the Ultra subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    Specifically SVS currently. As of October 4th they have some significant price increases across the board, some as high as $400 more for some of their flagship products! A pair of Ultra towers went up by $600! I'm afraid they're only the first of many to come before too long. A lot of electronics have been taking heavy hits too.

How is Ascend Acoustics holding up so far? Is this just the start with many others to soon follow suit?
    We have recently had to raise the prices of our towers and horizon, also a slight price increase on HTM-200's.

Regarding SVS, I can absolutely understand such a huge price increase. We will likely have to further increase some prices soon enough. Raw materials cost combined with absolutely massive and absurd freight price increases are killing everyone right now.

Rythmik also just increased prices.

It has gotten so bad it is almost laughable. For example, the prices for just the nice labels we use on our products (our labels are made here in the US) are 4x what they were a year ago. Cardboard prices have more than doubled since last year.

We have tried our best to absorb as much of this as we can, mostly by reducing expenses / overhead and we also stocked up a lot of inventory during the worst of Covid when prices were normal. We have always purchased our materials in very large quantities so this has helped.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We have recently had to raise the prices of our towers and horizon, also a slight price increase on HTM-200's.

Regarding SVS, I can absolutely understand such a huge price increase. We will likely have to further increase some prices soon enough. Raw materials cost combined with absolutely massive and absurd freight price increases are killing everyone right now.

Rythmik also just increased prices.

It has gotten so bad it is almost laughable. For example, the prices for just the nice labels we use on our products (our labels are made here in the US) are 4x what they were a year ago. Cardboard prices have more than doubled since last year.

We have tried our best to absorb as much of this as we can, mostly by reducing expenses / overhead and we also stocked up a lot of inventory during the worst of Covid when prices were normal. We have always purchased our materials in very large quantities so this has helped.
    I read shipping containers from China went from $4000 - $5000 apiece up to $20k now.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    HTM-200s are now... $328. Still a steal.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

I didn't notice the Sierra towers went up recently. Not as much as the increases over at SVS, but still a pretty good bump. I'm sure glad I'm pretty well set for speakers and subs now, and I'm feeling better about my separate amp purchase now too. I've had my receiver for over 4 years now and not a hint of any problems. I plan to drive the wheels off of it. It runs nice and cool and since it acts pretty much just as a processor I run it with eco mode on. Hopefully I'll get at least 4 more years out of it.

I've been told that eco mode won't affect anything sound quality-wise in stereo when using a separate amp and assigning the preouts to the main speakers in the menu with D&M products (I have a SR6011). I'm not certain if that advice is 100% accurate tho... if anyone has heard or knows differently I'm open to the explanation for sure. Otherwise the temperature difference is very significant. With eco mode on it only gets lukewarm. With eco mode off it runs a lot warmer, almost hot, even acting just as a processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    I read shipping containers from China went from $4000 - $5000 apiece up to $20k now.
    That's if you get lucky and can actually find space....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com