Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Sierra Towers with EX woofer

Default Re: Question: Sierra Towers with EX woofer

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The mid in the Tower, not sure, but I think it is a collaboration of parts from different manufacturers, and then final assembly at one of them.
    This Tang Band W5-1611SAF driver is a dead ringer, right down to the "BC 120M" stamped in the rubber at the edge of the surround. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if it's customized for the Sierras.

I do know whatever it is, it's a very good midrange driver and I think is almost as big a star of the show as the RAALs. I listen to a lot of rock and metal where there's a lot of energy in the midrange and my music has never sounded so good. I haven't had these towers a year yet so I have a teensy bit of that "new speaker" feeling still, lol.

Default Re: Question: Sierra Towers with EX woofer

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    This Tang Band W5-1611SAF driver is a dead ringer, right down to the "BC 120M" stamped in the rubber at the edge of the surround. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if it's customized for the Sierras.

I do know whatever it is, it's a very good midrange driver and I think is almost as big a star of the show as the RAALs. I listen to a lot of rock and metal where there's a lot of energy in the midrange and my music has never sounded so good. I haven't had these towers a year yet so I have a teensy bit of that "new speaker" feeling still, lol.
    Well, almost. The BC 120M is the identifier of the surround itself. We use the same low mass cone and low loss surround.

Ours is using an entirely different motor / magnet assembly.

IMG_3111.jpg
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com