Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra 1 Makes AH Top Picks List For 2021!

Default Re: Sierra 1 Makes AH Top Picks List For 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Lots of us know him as Shadyj and I'll leave it at that.
    If you really wanted to "leave it at that" I'd think you wouldn't have included it in your sentence because it hints at contempt. The next logical question would be "what exactly, do you mean by that?"..?

You don't like Shady or sumpthin'?
    Last edited by Pogre; 09-23-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Check his posting history at AVS. I posted religiously at AH for yrs... I hope this fills in the blanks.. so to speak.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    I was kinda surprised to see the Sierra 1 included, not because it's not deserved, but because it's been out for a long time, largely unchanged. I think that's a testament to your philosophy of doing it right the first time.
    Same, it is indeed surprising considering we released the Sierra-1 over 14 years ago. I feel old
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Check his posting history at AVS. I posted religiously at AH for yrs... I hope this fills in the blanks.. so to speak.
    Well that sent me on a trip down memory lane! I don't really post over at AVS but did find an old thread over at AH... you, Grant (ATL Audio), BSA, Tom V and Shady. 'Nuff said, I now know what it is you speak of, lol. I still talk to Grant on occasion. We exchanged phone numbers and he really had a lot to do with teaching me the ins and outs of REW and a MiniDSP.

Btw, I do recognize you as Billy106. You've quoted me once or twice over there and advertised a pair of HTM 200SEs last year, right?
    Last edited by Pogre; 09-24-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Same, it is indeed surprising considering we released the Sierra-1 over 14 years ago. I feel old
    Wow...I remember picking up my naturals at your Gardena shop.

They are still in use at my Parents'.
    -curtis

Yeah, I was slow to get on the train—my first pair of S1s are now 11 years old. My gorgeous light cherry gloss cabinets...

Of course, that's the cabinets. They were upgraded to NrTs like a year later, then eventually S2s, then almost immediately S2EXs. Likely the only pair of light cherry gloss 2EXs out there.

Then, of course, I bought another pair of S1s and replaced the internals with my NrT internals. Then later I bought a pair of empty cabinets for those S1 internals. At this point I definitely don't need the instructions to take S1/S2s apart or put them back together.

Eagerly awaiting the chance to crack open my Duos and upgrade them, too.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    Well that sent me on a trip down memory lane! I don't really post over at AVS but did find an old thread over at AH... you, Grant (ATL Audio), BSA, Tom V and Shady. 'Nuff said, I now know what it is you speak of, lol. I still talk to Grant on occasion. We exchanged phone numbers and he really had a lot to do with teaching me the ins and outs of REW and a MiniDSP.

Btw, I do recognize you as Billy106. You've quoted me once or twice over there and advertised a pair of HTM 200SEs last year, right?
    Yea...I listed my 200se over at AH but I had to create a new user moniker because I couldn't remember my old one...but Alex aka "The Monkey"... recognize my room, since he visited me while in Toronto visiting family.I had ~3k post met lots of nice folks through that site...but I moved on...due to circumstances that arose and of course Mr. Larsen's becoming their head reviewer...I doubt he's even heard the Sierra's...I don't think Dave's ever sent a pair...iirc..for review...perhaps he can correct me...afterall reviews usually come with a cost.

Anyhow...AH has plenty of activity or traffic and could send new or potential buyers ascends way...
    Last edited by billy p; 09-24-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Yeah, I was slow to get on the train—my first pair of S1s are now 11 years old. My gorgeous light cherry gloss cabinets...

Of course, that's the cabinets. They were upgraded to NrTs like a year later, then eventually S2s, then almost immediately S2EXs. Likely the only pair of light cherry gloss 2EXs out there.

Then, of course, I bought another pair of S1s and replaced the internals with my NrT internals. Then later I bought a pair of empty cabinets for those S1 internals. At this point I definitely don't need the instructions to take S1/S2s apart or put them back together.

Eagerly awaiting the chance to crack open my Duos and upgrade them, too.
    Wow -- you are officially our upgrade expert!

Yes, I do believe you are the only customer with a pair of high gloss light cherry Sierra-2EX.

Thank you for all the support - it is greatly appreciated.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Wow...I remember picking up my naturals at your Gardena shop.

They are still in use at my Parents'.
    I remember! Were you the first Sierra-1 customer? I am thrilled they are still being used!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I remember! Were you the first Sierra-1 customer? I am thrilled they are still being used!!
    I think I was the second and Mike S. was the first.
    -curtis