Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone see this review of the Sierra 2Ex

Default Re: Did anyone see this review of the Sierra 2Ex

Watched the first review he did on the 2's. Very well done.

Of course he wasn't aware the EX woofer was originally designed to complement the Diamond tweeters, I suppose only the Ascend die-hards might tend to know that.

I think his observations mirror my thoughts about all three of the Ascend Sierras. I also think he's passionate about his sound system, knows what musical instruments and voices are supposed to sound like, and appreciates that that is what the EXs provide to a very large degree.

Jay

Thumbs up Re: Did anyone see this review of the Sierra 2Ex

Quote Originally Posted by rifmon View Post
    Really extensive articulate glowing review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NquRKdH5RWk
    Jason signed on to the AA Forum this past Spring, posting under Announcements/Intro.the Sierra-2EX thread...see HERE!

I appreciate his honest and straight-forward approach with the Sierra 2EX review!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

That is pretty amazing! I missed his entry in that topic thread- Under my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Jason signed on to the AA Forum this past Spring, posting under Announcements/Intro.the Sierra-2EX thread...see HERE!

I appreciate his honest and straight-forward approach with the Sierra 2EX review!!

Ted
    I didn't know his name was Jason. My name is Jason and at first glance reading this post I was like, "do I know you??"...

I made a comment on his S2 video and he replied right away. We had a brief exchange and he's a super nice guy, and one of the few subjective only reviewers I've watched who really seems to have something to add. There are a lot of clowns out there who seem to just parrot whatever the popular opinion du jour is, and worse- attempt to show you how good they sound via YouTube "sound demos".

I really think those need to go. At best they're inaccurate and at worse can lead folks to false conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    I didn't know his name was Jason. My name is Jason and at first glance reading this post I was like, "do I know you??"...

I made a comment on his S2 video and he replied right away. We had a brief exchange and he's a super nice guy, and one of the few subjective only reviewers I've watched who really seems to have something to add. There are a lot of clowns out there who seem to just parrot whatever the popular opinion du jour is, and worse- attempt to show you how good they sound via YouTube "sound demos".

I really think those need to go. At best they're inaccurate and at worse can lead folks to false conclusions.
    As soon as I see a video begin with music playing from the equipment in the room, I click off the video. Yes MAYBE I can hear the sound if listening on high quality accurate headphones but I view it as a total waste of time and attention.

I agree that Jason's reviews are very good, subjective and useful.