Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread size for the Tower feet

Default Thread size for the Tower feet

Does anyone happened to know the thread size for the spikes that goes into the Tower base plate? I assume they are 1/4-20, but not certain if they are.

I will be placing them on hardwood floor, and trying to find replacement feet for them.

Default Re: Thread size for the Tower feet

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post
    Does anyone happened to know the thread size for the spikes that goes into the Tower base plate? I assume they are 1/4-20, but not certain if they are.

I will be placing them on hardwood floor, and trying to find replacement feet for them.
    the threaded inserts are 1/4-20 and here is a direct link to what I recommend for use on hardwood floors. I use these myself and recommend them regularly:

http://amzn.com/B00O66SWPO

Have a great weekend!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    the threaded inserts are 1/4-20 and here is a direct link to what I recommend for use on hardwood floors. I use these myself and recommend them regularly:

http://amzn.com/B00O66SWPO

Have a great weekend!
    Thank you, Dave,

You have a wonderful weekend also.

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post

There are also these as an option: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...2440#post62440
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Thank you for the link, John,

I plan to try out the GAIA III along with the Felt Levelers Dave recommended, but plan to do this in later stages of setup, once I have other items settled.

The GAIA's work well on the Towers (I use them) although a bit more $$. I like that they keep the speakers in position and it takes a bit of effort to break the "suction" to move the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    The GAIA's work well on the Towers (I use them) although a bit more $$. I like that they keep the speakers in position and it takes a bit of effort to break the "suction" to move the speakers.
    Good to know that you like them. They work very well in other vibration isolation applications also.

I've not tried the GAIAs in other applications. I currently use Symposium isolation products in other applications - Segue ISO under my turntable, Roller Block Jrs or Segue platforms under other equipment (phono prepro, amps, Oppos, AVR, RP5). These work very well also. Particularly impressed with the Segue ISO under the TT - completely eliminated a feedback issue I was having when turning the volume up.

That is very good to know. Although I have not tried Symposium products, but have heard good feedbacks from many users.

Peter at Symposium is great to work with. Great customer service, just like Ascend (and VPI, Rogue, Degritter, and VTV to name a few of the other vendors I generally use for new equipment or upgrades).