Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speakers for People with Tinnitus

Default Re: Speakers for People with Tinnitus

If you are looking for a relatively small sub that does wonder with music, I recommend the Rythmik L12.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah, it is very interesting reading from others impacted differently. People come in all types, shapes, and sizes, so it stands to reason that our listening preferences also can vary. Honestly, I'm glad we all have different listening preferences as that makes life interesting, but tinnitus stinks regardless. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

My dad loves bass and if something is lacking in it, I'll hear him complain. I'll see where he stands after this Wednesday after listening to the RAAL towers and the Lunas.

If anything, I may steer him towards the standard cabinet Sierra 2 EXs or the Lunas (if he prefers the smaller size) with a subwoofer to assist as he mentions getting a small sub to help in the bass regions for music. His listening preferences are 100% music (in stereo). 75% of it being on the FM radio, 15% being cds (now streaming on the Node 2), and 10% vinyl. I'm partial to the Paradigm Defiance V10 for his small room as I can easily integrate Anthem Room Correction into it for "taming" his room and he (or I) can access any setting easily via the built in app on his iPad. He doesn't need a powerhouse sub for his listening tastes anyways and if the footprint is too big, he won't like it.
    Hi Robert,

Are you scheduled for a visit with us here at our office? I don't see you on our calendar. Please confirm and thanks in advance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Robert,

Are you scheduled for a visit with us here at our office? I don't see you on our calendar. Please confirm and thanks in advance.
    Hi Dave! Sorry for the confusion, I sort of mentioned indirectly in my initial post that I’ll have a small demo at my house. It’s a moderately treated media room/man cave. I’m out in the Midwest, but I’m a happy RAAL tower owner, along with Luna surrounds and a Duo center. Both you & Dina helped me a lot last year and in 2019 when I first bought Ascend speakers. I’d love to visit your facility, but it’s definitely for my wallet’s protection that I hold off on a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    If you are looking for a relatively small sub that does wonder with music, I recommend the Rythmik L12.
    Yes, I really like Rythmik subs! I’ve never owned one, but have seen them in action…and the main reason the Paradigm wins out is the awesome app and ARC integration. It’s great to not have to reach behind and tinker with controls on the back panel. It’s also great for utilizing with receivers that lack any room correction like my dad’s. He is constantly moving stuff around and tinkering. I’m a happy Defiance X12 owner, but with newer receivers integrating Dirac, I’ll probably give Rythmik a call when I ever decide to upgrade.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-30-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Hi Dave! Sorry for the confusion, I sort of mentioned indirectly in my initial post that I’ll have a small demo at my house. It’s a moderately treated media room/man cave. I’m out in the Midwest, but I’m a happy RAAL tower owner, along with Luna surrounds and a Duo center. Both you & Dina helped me a lot last year and in 2019 when I first bought Ascend speakers. I’d love to visit your facility, but it’s definitely for my wallet’s protection that I hold off on a visit.
    Thanks for the clarification! My confusion was because there is another Robert scheduling a demo with us but he just confirmed for this Friday (Luna demo) Since your name is also Robert and there was discussion of demoing Luna's - I wasn't sure who was who, lol...

Very happy that you continue to enjoy your speakers!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the clarification! My confusion was because there is another Robert scheduling a demo with us but he just confirmed for this Friday (Luna demo) Since your name is also Robert and there was discussion of demoing Luna's - I wasn't sure who was who, lol...

Very happy that you continue to enjoy your speakers!!!
    Haha....dang...maybe I should've booked a trip.....then you could've said you had a meeting with the Bobs!

Just following up on this thread. Got back from a great family trip to the UP of Michigan, but managed to squeeze in a listening session with my dad on experiencing some Ascend speakers. He really enjoyed the music on the RAAL towers and didn't experience the sort of fatigue or irritation that he experienced on the PSB Alphas. Granted, the towers are well out of his price range, but I'll probably let him try out a set of Sierra 2 EX speakers. He is a very fickle audio guy, where I tend to stick with gear for a while. It's the usual audio hobbyist conundrum that seems to affect many of us....when to draw the line to say you're happy & satisfied!

Just following up on this thread. Got back from a great family trip to the UP of Michigan, but managed to squeeze in a listening session with my dad on experiencing some Ascend speakers. He really enjoyed the music on the RAAL towers and didn't experience the sort of fatigue or irritation that he experienced on the PSB Alphas. Granted, the towers are well out of his price range, but I'll probably let him try out a set of Sierra 2 EX speakers. He is a very fickle audio guy, where I tend to stick with gear for a while. It's the usual audio hobbyist conundrum that seems to affect many of us....when to draw the line to say you're happy & satisfied!
    The towers might be out of his price range, but you mentioned the Sierra 2EX’s which might be in the price range. The Lunas are even lower in price. Of course you wouldn’t want to sit 15 feet away from the Lunas in a great room, but if there is a smaller reasonable sized listening room at 10 to 12 feet away or less from the speakers, the Sierra 2EXs and Lunas are great options.

Exclamation Re: Speakers for People with Tinnitus

...There wasn't much I could do for my father regarding his health, but I wanted to help him relax so I began research into tweeters that did not ring and had little to no stored energy.

This eventually led me to Aleksandar Radisavljevic, the developer and owner of RAAL Ribbon Tweeters, someone who I am proud to call my friend. These true ribbon tweeters are the smoothest most non-fatiguing tweeters out there. I always recommend them for anyone with hearing issues and in nearly all cases, they turn out to be exactly what this person was looking for and no loudspeaker company has more experience with RAAL tweeters than we do...

I absolutely want to assist you with this as it is most personal to me, so please reach out if you have any questions.
    Dave,

Heartwarming story of how You and RAAL's relationship came to be...May your Dad Rest-In-Peace!

FWIW at 68, I still retain excellent hearing (0db to 10db sensitivity range, from 200 to 8K Hz, top end rolloff @ 15KHz)! However, tinnitus has been slowly creeping in. It's not too bad, but when I'm in my music room listening sessions and the music becomes Very Quiet (or between tracks), the ringing is very noticeable. However as soon as the music starts to flow, the Sierra 2EX sing beautifully and any traces of my tinnitus ringing totally disappears. This wasn't the case with my previous Sierra-NrT's, thus my exhilarating love for the RAAL's and your 2EX design...Thank You!!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    The towers might be out of his price range, but you mentioned the Sierra 2EX’s which might be in the price range. The Lunas are even lower in price. Of course you wouldn’t want to sit 15 feet away from the Lunas in a great room, but if there is a smaller reasonable sized listening room at 10 to 12 feet away or less from the speakers, the Sierra 2EXs and Lunas are great options.
    Yes, definitely! I've given that some thought on the Lunas and may pull my Lunas used as surrounds in for a temporary demo at his place. He likes bass and the Lunas may not satisfy him enough due to their size and bass output capabilities. His seating distance is about 8ft away in that 10'x10'x9' room. He is warm & cold on subwoofers, which would be an area to tread carefully. He finds subwoofers inconsistent when it comes to performance. A few of the subwoofers he has tried were not placed in the best spot along with no assistance from any room correction. He comes from an audio era where subwoofers just weren't a thing.
    Last edited by Robert; 09-07-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Dave,

Heartwarming story of how You and RAAL's relationship came to be...May your Dad Rest-In-Peace!

FWIW at 68, I still retain excellent hearing (0db to 10db sensitivity range, from 200 to 8K Hz, top end rolloff @ 15KHz)! However, tinnitus has been slowly creeping in. It's not too bad, but when I'm in my music room listening sessions and the music becomes Very Quiet (or between tracks), the ringing is very noticeable. However as soon as the music starts to flow, the Sierra 2EX sing beautifully and any traces of my tinnitus ringing totally disappears. This wasn't the case with my previous Sierra-NrT's, thus my exhilarating love for the RAAL's and your 2EX design...Thank You!!!

Ted
    Thank you Ted!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com