Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMT 340 upgrade over this option?

Default Re: CMT 340 upgrade over this option?

Well after going through a few different speaker options I want to go into the Ascend world. I can't go to the real expensive stuff but the CMT-340's are more than doable. I just like the vibe here from everyone. Its like a tightly nit community of Ascend fans.
    I was also looking at the JBL Studio 350's and Studio 370's but really want to go with a internet direct company like Ascend with an owner that is a speaker designer first and this is where its at in that regard.
    Anyone know when they might go on sale again? They were for a long time. Does it usually happen once a year or that is extremely rare and probably never see that again?

You could call and see if they have any b-stock available.

That is true, I mean its not a huge deal. They aren't that expensive to begin with, just wondering if they go on sale much or how often.

This is the page listing the current specials (with also a link to the B-stock):

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/news/specials.html

Hard to say when a particular model may go on sale. Oftentimes Dave has sales during holidays.

I bought my pair of CMT-340SE Mains at full price and have zero regrets. That speaker has a spectacular value.

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    That is true, I mean its not a huge deal. They aren't that expensive to begin with, just wondering if they go on sale much or how often.
    Hi JC1,

The manufacturing costs on all of our products have dramatically increased in the last 6 months. Not only with raw materials, but also on freight cost - which is about 8 times what it was just a year ago. In my 35+ years in this industry, I have never seen anything like this and it is getting worse, not better.

That being said, I can assure you that the current listed price on our 340's is the absolute lowest from this point forward unless things start dramatically improving (I have my doubts). Add to this the current tariff situation and it is a real mess that will, unfortunately, require us to raise prices.

My suggestion is to get an order in now, rather than later.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi JC1,

The manufacturing costs on all of our products have dramatically increased in the last 6 months. Not only with raw materials, but also on freight cost - which is about 8 times what it was just a year ago. In my 35+ years in this industry, I have never seen anything like this and it is getting worse, not better.

That being said, I can assure you that the current listed price on our 340's is the absolute lowest from this point forward unless things start dramatically improving (I have my doubts). Add to this the current tariff situation and it is a real mess that will, unfortunately, require us to raise prices.

My suggestion is to get an order in now, rather than later.
    Excellent info, and that's a shame about all that. I appreciate the help. I hope things turn around and get better soon.

Thanks Dave, appreciate the post. I'm actually thinking of possibly going up a bit to the Sierra 1 too. I'm all over the place unfortunately. RSL CG5 line, SVS Ultra bookshelf/center, and of course these speakers. Do you accept Amazon payments? Really makes things easier for me that way.
    I would say the Sierra-1 is the overall better speaker but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want extreme volume levels with tons of impact, the 340's are the better choice. For imaging, detail and music listening - the Sierra-1 are the better choice.

Please feel free to give us a call, sometimes it is best to discuss by phone.

thanks!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Excellent info, and that's a shame about all that. I appreciate the help. I hope things turn around and get better soon.
    As I am sure you know, the issues I brought up are basically with all manufacturing industries right now. I suspect prices are going to continue to rise, both at the manufacturing side and ultimately, at the retail side. At the rate our govt is printing and dishing out money, I have a hunch this will be the new norm.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yes, I am aware. RSL has told me the same thing. Can you tell me why shipping is going up? Is it like literally FEDEX and UPS raising rates? Is it that simple?

Yes, I am aware. RSL has told me the same thing. Can you tell me why shipping is going up? Is it like literally FEDEX and UPS raising rates? Is it that simple?
    Items being shipped(freight) from overseas...the parts for the speakers.
    -curtis