Thread: speaker prices

Default speaker prices

Do speaker prices drop as newer models are released? Seems like the Ascend speakers never have lowered in price. Also, does Ascend ever run special pricing on their home theater packages? I'm on a budget and trying to save money where ever possible.

Thanks

I think they had some kind of special during the holidays...might have only been free shipping....I don't remember.

When the CBM-170 was introduced, it was $40 more expensive than they are now.

The CMT-340m has gone up in price since its introduction.

The pricing is so low to begin with....even when compared to what you get from other internet direct companies, there isn't much left to markdown for a sale.

You could always call them and ask about B-stock.
    -curtis

Thanks for the info. Now what is B-stock? Is that items that have been returned?

Yes...but that doesn't happen often.

Sometimes they are cabinets with small imperfections, or speakers that were sent for review or demo.
    -curtis

i guess my answer is that once you get the speakers in your home, you kinda forget about how much they cost, they're so good

You could consider holding steady as a price drop. With the weak dollar those European made drivers cost Ascend more and fuel costs make everything cost more. The rise in the material costs hasn't been passed on.
    Last edited by Quinn; 02-10-2005 at 06:37 AM.

I appreciate Ascend's pricing stategy. I'm not going to have "buyer's remorse" in six months because of sale that significantly reduces the price of an item that I bought previously.
    If Ascend were to lower the price of their speakers, I believe the men in the white coats should be notified and the CEO and CFO taken away for a long rest. They are such a great value at their price point that lowering the price would not be in the company's or the current speaker owner's best interest. Like everyone else, I love a sale but they're not always in everyone's best interest.

David

you know, a negative way of looking at 'sales' would be that for a sale to take place, the item is not at its true value pre-sale. like most department stores - a lot of people wait for the sales because paying top dollar for their stock is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by bamputin
    you know, a negative way of looking at 'sales' would be that for a sale to take place, the item is not at its true value pre-sale. like most department stores - a lot of people wait for the sales because paying top dollar for their stock is insulting.
    Another type of sale is a loss-leader that is a sale that actually takes a loss on the dicounted products in order to generate more sales of other products or just get the consumer's attention. Most Sunday retail store ads contain some loss leader to get people into the stores.