Thread: Rythmik?

Default Rythmik?

It's been sometime since ive been here. The last time was i think 2-3 years ago.

Anyway, i'm looking to upgrade my dual outlaw x12 ultra to rythmik.
    I have an open room, great room, 18 x 26, living room opened into kitchen/dining.

this is my current set-up:
    Sierra Towers Raal L/R
    Sierra Horizon Raal Center
    Sierra 2 - Rear L/R.
    dual outlaw x12.
    denon 4200
    ATI 2000 5 channel

I;m wondering if i could have a better low end upgrading the the outlaws to rythmik and which one. I am open to dual subs again. Looking at 15"'ers as i currently have 12's that oes down to 17hz, probably a 15 would go down to 12 hz.

90% movie, 10% music.

thanks for any help and recommendations.

Default Re: Rythmik?

that's a pretty big space - sounds similar in size to mine (primary listening area is 16x12 but open to den, dining room, kitchen). I run 2 E15s and bass is fine for me (I'm 98% music though).

If I were you, I'd look at either FVX15, F15HP or even an FV18. Maybe start with one and add a second if needed, depending on your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by rysher View Post
    ...I'm looking to upgrade my dual outlaw x12 ultra to rythmik.
    I have an open room, great room, 18 x 26, living room opened into kitchen/dining.
    Smaller dedicated (closed off) rooms typically need two subs to adequately control room modes. Larger open plan areas need this less than dedicated rooms. Said another way, with open plan areas you can either have multiple subs or a single bigger sub and get more or less similar performance.

One way to go would be to buy a single F15HP, listen for a while, and if you decide you need more, buy another one.

An alternative is to buy a single FV18 and be done with it.

There are of course many other ways to go; those two are just the ways I'd likely go in your situation. That said, I suspect you'll really like how easy it is to integrate servo subs with your mains, and Rythmik makes excellent servo subs. I'm happy with mine, what can I say?
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

It's been sometime since ive been here. The last time was i think 2-3 years ago.

Anyway, i'm looking to upgrade my dual outlaw x12 ultra to rythmik.

this is my current set-up:
    Sierra Towers Raal L/R
    Sierra Horizon Raal Center
    Sierra 2 - Rear L/R.
    dual outlaw x12.
    denon 4200
    ATI 2000 5 channel

I;m wondering if i could have a better low end upgrading the the outlaws to rythmik and which one. I am open to dual subs again. Looking at 15"'ers as i currently have 12's that oes down to 17hz, probably a 15 would go down to 12 hz.

90% movie, 10% music.

thanks for any help and recommendations.
    Hi Rysher,

Hope you are well!

With a focus on 90% movies and the large space, I would recommend going with Dual FVX15 or stepping it up to dual FV15HP. Either of these options would be a tremendous upgrade in all performance categories over your current subs.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Rysher,

Hope you are well!

With a focus on 90% movies and the large space, I would recommend going with Dual FVX15 or stepping it up to dual FV15HP. Either of these options would be a tremendous upgrade in all performance categories over your current subs.
    Dave, can i get away with 1 -15" or do i go with 1-18"?
    Last edited by rysher; 07-11-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Dave, can i get away with 1 -15" or do i go with 1-18"?
    One FV18 would be OK with regard to overall output, but I would still recommend dual 15's to reduce room modes, provide a more linear in-room frequency response - just better overall sound quality and performance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    One FV18 would be OK with regard to overall output, but I would still recommend dual 15's to reduce room modes, provide a more linear in-room frequency response - just better overall sound quality and performance.
    for now 1-18" and by around Christmas i'm gonna add another one.
    i could do teh dual 15"s now but if going dual 18" is better then i'd go with that.
    just cant go 2 -18" , the other 18 gotta wait.

i could do teh dual 15"s now but if going dual 18" is better then i'd go with that.
    I am fully confident dual 15's will be perfect. Dual 18's will provide a bit more output, that you would likely never come close to using (too much overkill)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I too use my system for movies about 90 to 95 percent of the time. I just upgraded my Outlaw LFM-1 subwoofer to a pair of FV15HPs. My outlaw sub came out just before your model, with very similar specs. My theater area is the corner of a 10,000 cubic foot finished basement, all rooms open to one another. I run them in one port mode and they are just the right size. I can listen at -15 to -10 dB and they have no problems at all. It was a big upgrade.

No regrets about not going with the FV18s. I went with the HPs so that I could choose the damping. Started with low, went to medium and then high. I think I ended back on medium. The low felt too full to me. The X model only allows for high and low and I think that the extension can’t be set independent of the damping, which was why I wanted the extra control of the HP.
    Last edited by N Boros; 08-09-2021 at 08:24 AM.